Region D officiating...

babyblue

I've been to, i think all the Region D games... Altizer, Phillips and Hurst are the best of the best! Those guys from Scott Co., and Wise County are horrible.. They control the game. Its like "They have to say something every few ticks of the clock". Why not let the kids decide who wins.. Protect the shooter, keep the defensive guards from saddling up and riding the ball handlers. In the post try to keep the pushing and shoving to a minimum. Example, Castlewood post player used his butt to shove Burtons post players out of bounds. Landing himself on the floor several times.. being whistled only once during the game for that offense. Andersons BIG jump stop to me is very questionable. To me its when both hands touch the ball. Is he in flight or starting his bounce!! Whats the call or to close to call?? lol

but anyway.. those bald guys are horrible.. They're mechanics are very good but its their attitude of what seems to be favoritism at critical times that bothers me.

All this being said, does anyone else got any comments??

I'd like to extend this... Excellent Job.. Phillips, Altizer and Hurst theres more good ones out there but you guys are big game officials. The state tourney needs you guys.. not the skin heads!!

As much as I HATE to do this im gonna have to agree with ya babyblue. lol Hurst, Philips, Altizer, Belcher, and Yost are 5 at the top of the officiating chart! Hopefully that OFISHE8 character learns an over the back. If he does, he'll be just fine! hahahaha....

My God what kind of drugs or liquor were you boys on watching that region D tourney. The best Ref called the Council VS JJ Kelley girls game the first night and did not get another game. If he could call with them Richlands boys he would make them much better Refs. I would say he will be calling in Richmond. As for Phillips he needs to work a few more games over at Keen Mt before he gets a Stste game. Altizer needs to go call another state game this year. And Hurst, Brown and Yost just need to Richmond for all the freefood and lodgeing off of Altizer. Maybe Altizer and that guy from Chilhowie will be calling a state AA finals this year . And as for them refs from down the road your right they are bad.

Dont hurt yaself man!! lol True.. over the back isnt called now lol.. i dont think i seen it called maybe 2X this season..when it was it was obvious, like getting a run and go and jump over the opponent!

Again.. in the Region D finals... I think Campbell from Bristol.. gave GC's best foul shooter 2 shots with 3 ticks left! He nailed both giving GC a 4 point lead (i think). Castlewood had no time outs!! GAME!! Really the call from where i was.. shoulda been a jump ball on a rebounded miss by Anderson. Possession Arrow was to CW. I guess what i'm saying.. He had a definate bearing on the outcome of the game!!