VirginiaPrep's Group AA State Top 10

blacksburgsoccer

schedule would definitely play a part along with the fact that dogs are doing pretty well so far. but i'd say more of it might be b/c most folks out of the area don't know much about the current teams and will tend to vote with past history and name recognition playing heavily in their mind. since the piedmont left region iii and joined region iv circa 1994, martinsville has been the region champ probably 7 or 8 times. just a thought.

I did a little research and found that Martinsville defeated Franklin CO. 2-1 FC's record 2-4-1 the same FC that Abingdon blew off the field at the cave springs jamboree 3-0 in 40 minutes playing their subs half the game. MV Defeated Halifax 3-0 and 2-0 Halifax is 5-3-1. Magna Vista 2-0 its a down year for MV, and Bassett 2-0 Bassetts record 4-5-1. In nine games Abingdon has out scored their opponents, if the scores on their web site and on swva are correct,by a score of 74-6. Martinsville has not played any tougher opponents than Abingdon. Abingdons schedual isnt that tough either with Tazewell and Graham, along with University High being the toughest. If you want to compare scores though Blacksburg also played Graham and only beat them 7-0 the first game the same score Abingdon won by. Anyway you look at it Abingdon is being completly disrespected givin that they are the defending Region iv champions who defeated Martinsville last season. Just my opinion, it should be an exciting region iv playoffs. And where is Marion the Region iv runner ups in all of this as well? If i am not mistakin they also are undfeated this year.

Not to knock any of these teams but i thought we played alot better when we lost 7-0 to Blacksburg as opposed to the Abingdon 7-0 loss. Persoanlly Abingdon prob does deserve to be ranked higher but that dosent change the fact that Blacksburg would rock Abingdon.

[ QUOTE ]

I did a little research and found that Martinsville defeated Franklin CO. 2-1 FC's record 2-4-1 the same FC that Abingdon blew off the field at the cave springs jamboree 3-0 in 40 minutes playing their subs half the game. MV Defeated Halifax 3-0 and 2-0 Halifax is 5-3-1. Magna Vista 2-0 its a down year for MV, and Bassett 2-0 Bassetts record 4-5-1. In nine games Abingdon has out scored their opponents, if the scores on their web site and on swva are correct,by a score of 74-6. Martinsville has not played any tougher opponents than Abingdon. Abingdons schedual isnt that tough either with Tazewell and Graham, along with University High being the toughest. If you want to compare scores though Blacksburg also played Graham and only beat them 7-0 the first game the same score Abingdon won by. Anyway you look at it Abingdon is being completly disrespected givin that they are the defending Region iv champions who defeated Martinsville last season. Just my opinion, it should be an exciting region iv playoffs. And where is Marion the Region iv runner ups in all of this as well? If i am not mistakin they also are undfeated this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't bring up last year becuase Blacksburg beat the crap out of Abingdon 8-1. That alone would prove they do not belong in the top 10. Region IV does not get a lot of respect. The last time a current Region IV school played for the state title was 1994 with Martinsville. Until Abingdon steps up and plays some higher level teams they will not be ranked higher. I saw both games against Graham with Blacksburg and Abingdon. Abingdon is no where near what Blacksburg is. They had better hope they do not play them this year.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One last thing... who should Abingdon be ranked ahead of? Do you even know anything about the other teams on the list? If not I will share info about all the teams if you like...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't bring up last year becuase Blacksburg beat the crap out of Abingdon 8-1. That alone would prove they do not belong in the top 10. Region IV does not get a lot of respect. The last time a current Region IV school played for the state title was 1994 with Martinsville. Until Abingdon steps up and plays some higher level teams they will not be ranked higher. I saw both games against Graham with Blacksburg and Abingdon. Abingdon is no where near what Blacksburg is. They had better hope they do not play them this year.....

[/ QUOTE ]

If they did the rankings correctly, then Blacksburg could beat any AA team in the state of Virginia. If you compare the quality of wins though, Abingdon has proven its team to be better than Martinsville.

it's just a poll (and it's not even an AP or coaches poll) so i'd say it's no big deal either way. however, wins over john battle, george wythe, richlands, tazewell...those wins certainly don't equal teams like gw danville, franklin county, halifax, bassett...abingdon may indeed be the better team (i suppose we'll see in a few weeks), but let's not twist reality.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think VHS was the last team to make it the finals in soccer and it was in 1997 or 1998. They had Alex Walls and Marion was the only team to beat them until the finals of states.

[ QUOTE ]

...Martinsville defeated Franklin CO. 2-1 FC's record 2-4-1 the same FC that Abingdon blew off the field at the cave springs jamboree 3-0 in 40 minutes playing their subs half the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's already been said man.

yea i strongly agree they have a lot of talent that not many teams kno of,they have just as much as talent as marion,martinsville and those other top teams,not many ppl may kno carroll county bt all i have to say is that their a team to be rekon with

[ QUOTE ]

yea i strongly agree they have a lot of talent that not many teams kno of,they have just as much as talent as marion,martinsville and those other top teams,not many ppl may kno carroll county bt all i have to say is that their a team to be rekon with

[/ QUOTE ]

As much talent as the region IV teams on that list or an of the teams. They do not have even close to the talent of the teams in the top 5. Any of those teams would beat Carroll at least 6-0.

ok thats your opinion but like i said Carroll has talent that ppl like you dont even know about im not saying that Carroll can beat teams like blacksburg anytime but we sure could hang with them or even beat them if we play as good as we should so dont underestimate Carroll,expect the unexpected

I don't know what you have against Abingdon, but i know for a fact we belong on that list. you can keep underestimating us all you want it makes victories on down the road even sweeter.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you have against Abingdon, but i know for a fact we belong on that list. you can keep underestimating us all you want it makes victories on down the road even sweeter.

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHaHa! Victories against who??? You have a chance to play Martinsville in regions and maybe Jefferson Forest or Blacksburg in states. If you make it to states it will be like last year with a 8-1 or 9-0 loss for you.

[ QUOTE ]

ok thats your opinion but like i said Carroll has talent that ppl like you dont even know about im not saying that Carroll can beat teams like blacksburg anytime but we sure could hang with them or even beat them if we play as good as we should so dont underestimate Carroll,expect the unexpected

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Graham, you could not hang with Blacksburg or Jefferson Forest for 5 minutes.

if any team that we have played from this region has a chance at hanging with Blacksburg..it probably is Abingdon...its not too hard to hang with Blacksburg for 5 minutes...we held them at 1-0 for 30 minutes so yeah its not too hard...all of their goals in the first matchup came in quick spurts...there for those 30 minutes that it was 1-0 they were very very frustrated and had to shoot from outside because they couldnt get in the box without losing the ball...if anyone can hang with them its Abingdon...

Ask Graham, you could not hang with Blacksburg or Jefferson Forest for 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok graham hanged with them for pretty much the first half and played thier hearts out but you see were not graham were carroll county,we have a team to cause surprises but thats what i like about you ppl that underestimate us you dont ever think a team like us can beat a top team,thats ok though i like being the underdog

JOGA BONITO