WHO WON THE TAZEWELL VS RICHLANDS SB GAME

Tazewell won 5-2. Started as a pitching duel. Lindsey Lester was perfect through four innings before giving up two home runs in the 5th. Tazewell would end up with three home runs in the game. All of Richlands' offense came on two solo shots by Lester.

Nah, Richlands is a good team but so is Tazewell. The Blues just couldn't get anything going against them. I personally think Lester pitches too often but she doesn't agree (she's my niece). I think she's pitched in every game they've played. Some of those were relief appearances though.

Would you mind explaining yourself LEB -- I can't imagine anyone or anyone group of student athletes having the power to ruin any schools sports -- I read your post prior to your deleting it --

I love Lindsey Lester. We played travel ball together and she is a terrific person.She's also a great pitcher-even though I hit two homeruns off of her in that game...

Keisha Barton #2 is a freshman and pitched for us that game. She too is great, and gave up two homeruns. But we'll have her arm for four years...personally I have one more season with her after this year..b/c I'm a junior.

Kari Chaffin is a junior and played second base for Tazewell in that game. She was our #1 pitcher before she was put on the injured list for about a month. I was on that list also for about 3 weeks due to being beamed in the elbow down in Christiansburg pre-season. So we have an awesome team.

The next game between Tazewell and Richlands should be interesting. Last year the first game was close, 4-3. and the second game we blew them out with 11-2.

• 2 weeks later...

Richlands got beat 11-2 in part because Sydney Hogston had to have an emergency operation the night before the game....but..having said that...im also goign to say that Taz was a good team..hands down...however...since we didnt have our 3rd baseman and no one had practiced there...all taz did was bunt....

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands got beat 11-2 in part because Sydney Hogston had to have an emergency operation the night before the game....but..having said that...im also goign to say that Taz was a good team..hands down...however...since we didnt have our 3rd baseman and no one had practiced there...all taz did was bunt....

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be talking about last years game. And no. we did more than bunt. I specifically remember hitting a few long balls smile.gif

yeah and that's last year let's not worry about it..

so yeah

richlands is a very good team, but it all revolves around lindsey lester for her pitching. without her i don't know what they would be like. i also heard that some of the richlands players and coaches said that lindsey was the reason that richlands lost and personally i think that's a lie. lindsey kept them in that game. she pitched well and hit 2 homeruns, the only runs that richlands had.

tazewell did very well. i think that it's one of the best games that they've played all year. keisha pitched a terrific game and syd had a very good hit & so did britteny (well she had 2).

the next time Tazewell and Richlands face-off is on May 18th at tazewells field at 4:30...