All Region IV Girls and Guys

beano5

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

it is funny how a player is suppose to ranked 3rd in the district and she gets 2nd team because the tazewell coach puts her players in front of her. Payne from carroll deserves to be on the 1st team.

[/ QUOTE ]

i tend to disagree. kitts is a far better goalie, and doesn't have temper tantrums, throwing equipment at officials. personally, i'd have put c. arellano above payne...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know lol..that was my dad refereeing that game...he was the one the equipment was being directed at

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys just to clear a few things up, yes coaches can vote for their own players and Payne was talked up this year to be a whole bunch of nothing. Soccer is a sport of judgment calls, luck and yeah skill. Stuff happens, it is one thing to become frustrated with another player during a game but it is a whole different category when you become angry with a ref. The ref is not a player; he is not the person on the other team trying to score on you. He is a man with a job and you know what sometimes he makes mistakes, but that is part of soccer pick your head up and deal with them. I have no respect for a player or coach that argues with the refs they are in a position of authority and if you can’t deal with that I have a big question on the content of your character. EVERY team has calls for them and against them it is just a matter of which team deals the best with it and plays through it.

As far as Kitts goes, I’ve come to the conclusion that goalkeepers control their defense (and I’m pretty sure that I’m right about this one). Kitts made her job easier by working with her defense and directing them in what they needed to do. She made the stops before she had to and yes I know that these saves don’t go down on paper as saves but that just shows that she is not in soccer for herself, she is in it for the love of the game.