bassett in 7 on 7

zack

Bassett goes 5-2 at UVA 7 on 7 Passing Tournament

The Bengal Football Team participated in the UVA 7 on 7 Passing tournament this past Saturday. The Bengals got off to a rough start allowing two receivers from Ocean Lakes to get behind the coverage for touchdowns. We settled down after that and almost came back for the victory, losing 21 - 20. We carried that momentum into the second game defeating Centerville 20 - 14. The third game was won by Bassett as well defeating North Emberlen 14 - 13. The bengals then extended their record by defeating Northside 14 - 6. The team came back from lunch sluggish and couldn't get anything started against T. C. Williams and was defeated 13 - 7. The sixth contest was against Tabb and we won 20 - 19. Northside's opponent left and we stuck around to play Northside again and won that game 28 - 21. The next 7 on 7 tournament is July 16th, at Averett University.

I think the Bengals should be favored in the Piedmont Dist. this season. Dan River moved to the Dogwood and Martinsville gets a new coach and drops to Div.3 AA. Looking at the schedules I think Magna Vista has the toughest as they continue to play powerhouse Reidsville. I've also heard that Carlise is starting a football team.