MED Predictions

bcbwr1

Well all i can say is all of yall are talking so great about Bland. Even tho at the end of the 06' season yall were in the same boat as Pocy not in the playoffs. Once again the only person who did anything against Pocy was Thomas Willis. And on the subject of no Jv team its amazing how we can play 9 and 10 graders and be successful. We had two freshman go All District and one 10 grader go 2nd team all region. Freshman were John Corner #1 and Zach Pauley #2. The 10 grader Brandon Pauley #11. Bland also played almost the same so called Cake schedule.

yes church graduated and tyler pennington and morgan harless and thomas willis and i all graduated, but they still have several great players left behind...and don't just get the impression that Willis was the only offensive weapon we have..your gonna be suprised

[ QUOTE ]

I've "been around" pocy for quite some time. Unless population rises enough to A, have at least 25 players and B, have a jr. hi program, then you all will be the new Montcalm of the area. Montcalm's enrollment is up. Football is finally a sport there. It's taken about 10 years to get it rolling and get the community to buy into it, but I think they are moving up while pocy is dropping. Pocy may rise once again if the jail brings in some population. Bland will be in the top three the next two years if they play to their ability. Good luck to all MED teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding the jail in Pocahontas:

1) The people that will work there already live in this area, thus no increase to the population of Pocahontas, and

2) Anyone from outside the area that comes to work for the jail is likely NOT to settle in Pocahontas, thus no increase to the population of Pocahontas.

Like it or not, Pocahontas is a dying community...its current population is getting older and older and a high percentage of the younger generation are leaving. It 15-20 years, it WILL be a ghost town...

Man that Thomas Willis kid was some football player huh? haha jk. im am going to miss highschool football so much. concord will be fun but there is nothing like playing with your classmates, teamates, and best friends. GO MOUNTAIN LIONS!!!!!!!!!

Ill tell you a player i think is pretty good in the MED is that QB from narrows he is a little bit weak but if he gets stronger he could be a good player. I didnt get to see much of him cuz he got hurt early in our game....

Also i have another question what the best rival in the MED Blands is close between Narrows and FC.

i remember last year the news said they was going to pocy to watch the huge rivalry between pocy and bland..haha i never really thought of that as a rivalry.. personally i hate ft. chiswell..that doesn't make it a rivalry..but just saying. haha

[ QUOTE ]

East Mont. was a much better team than Montcalm, Roanoke Catholic was 9-1, but with a light schedule as well. If you remember Montcalm was a one loss team as well but missed the playoffs because lack of points due to weak and out of state schedule. It's great to get morale up with some pre conference wins, but the conference is where it counts. Look at Grayson, they play a tough pre conference schedule and then cruise through the MED. I look for good things out of the Bears the next two years. A good portion of the team leadership / athletic talent rests with the upcoming juniors. Those kids have worked hard all off season and the line is solid. They have some great freshman coming in this year with some great athletes. Be on the lookout for a good year for Bland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't Know who this CoachUnderwood is but sounds like he has been getting happy on Grandma's cough medicine with his predictions. He must be water polo coach?

I don't Know who this CoachUnderwood is but sounds like he has been getting happy on Grandma's cough medicine with his predictions. He must be water polo coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

The coach is right. We - East Mont - were one game away from making the playoffs and played a really tough schedule.

hey wvuraider how come you are always throwing negative sh*t toward Bland? You always seem to show up on every Bland or MED post on here. Did someone over there do something to you up in Ghent?

GO STANGS

Ok after all this is a prediction thread so here we go...

1. Grayson Co. for the next 10 years

2. Bland...Have a head coach who knows what he is doing

3. Galax..Do know much about them heard were young last year

4. Ft Chiswell..

5. Narrows...Rack um up sack um up give em ... green wave.

6. Pocy...Sorry Guys

Oh and for you Stanger here you go...

Three Rivers...

1. Giles

2. Glenvar.

3 Does it Matter

[ QUOTE ]

Three Rivers...

1. Giles

2. Glenvar.

3 Does it Matter

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay LOL. seriuosly I think we should be able to contend for 2nd this year in the TRD.

GO STANGS

[ QUOTE ]

Ok after all this is a prediction thread so here we go...

1. Grayson Co. for the next 10 years

2. Bland...Have a head coach who knows what he is doing

3. Galax..Do know much about them heard were young last year

4. Ft Chiswell..

5. Narrows...Rack um up sack um up give em ... green wave.

6. Pocy...Sorry Guys

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh yea...we'll see

i agree with you wvuraider...the coach for bland who i played for for 2 years has more knowledge of the sport of football than anyone i have ever known...as well as the assistant coaches...he knows how to bring the best out of his players and how to light a fire under them, i only wish i would have had more time to play under him