Bassett 41, Carroll Co. 6

ProudBengal

Actually it was 35-0 before the continuous clock started,VHSL rule I believe.Carroll didn't have a first down until the drive they scored the touchdown on in the 3rd quarter when the score was 41-0. Bassett looked really good for the 1st game of the year, and CC needs work. The Cavs didn't look sharp on O or D. Coming from a MV fan it is hard to say but unless something drastic happens such as some unforseen injuries or a tidal wave, the Bengals should have a cakewalk thru the Piedmont this year.Tunstall and maybe Mavahi can keep it close for a half but BHS is to strong,deep, and talented for the rest of the league this year!

We heard they were asking for a continuous clock when it was (28-0). If I'm mistaken, sorry.

Football is football, and anything can and will happen around here. It's still way too early to say who will do well in the Piedmont this season. I must admit, I like our chances, but that is why you play the games. You never know.

Carroll is a well coached team; they will make adjustments and improve by seasons end.

If you want proof, just look at what we did last season after we stunk it up at Carroll last year when the Cavs won(19-7)

You are right,you never know what will happen when you play the games. But(and this is a big but),matchups make games and who matches up in the district with the Bengals?? Tunstall doesn't have the interior size,Martinsville couldn't beat them last year and look at everything they loss from last year's squad,PC just doesn't have the depth to slug it out toe to toe and MV is in for the worst season in school history so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Bengals will run the table in the Piedmont this year. The non-district schedule of PH-Roanoke,McMichael-NC,Hidden Valley,Jefferson Forest and Christiansburg, should give a better view of how BHS will do once the playoffs start.

You are right pdfan, I didn't exactly know who our non-district schedule consisted totally of. That would be a good measuring stick for the playoffs, if we are fortunate to get there again this year (obviously one of the Bengals goals), but looks like you have to win the district this year with the River Ridge now in D4.