GC vs. Tazewell

LegendatLegion

GC jumps out front 28-0 and wins 41-21.

The Dawgs totally dominated the 3rd quarter and threw the ball all over the field making it a 34-21 game mid 4th. The Devils behind Tyler Parks and Tihlee Anderson drove the length of the field for the clinching score to put the game away late 41-21.

Whatever the Devils did at the half i would totally scrap, because they did absolutely nothing in the 3rd period.

Anderson and Parks both had over 100yds (unofficially) and Parks scored on a beautiful 40+ yard screen in the second period. Tazewel's Rasnick?(QB) must have had 300+ yards passing and the pourous GC secondary could not seem to grasp the coverage.

Both teams played hard and GC had several very hard hits on Tazewell receivers. Wow one was a decleater/dehelmeter by Dustin Jones#8.

Overall i could tell the Devils really worked on the offense this week.

Conservative play calling KILLS me everytime they do it. A game that's 28-0 in the first half isn't over. I give the Dawgs credit for hanging in there. There'll be alot of sore boys tomorrow morning when they wake up.

It amazes me how the papers (kingsport/Bristol/ and even Tricities sports) can come up with stats so different after a high school game.

The GC total yards varied from 470-520 depending on who you read. I do know Parks had 170 0n 16 carries, and Anderson had 116 on 16 carries. The Tazewell kid threw for 260+ and could have had a lot more with a few catches more by his reciever corps.