PV Coach And Fans Receive Bad Reviews

Getting bad reviews over signs and comments after PV / Burton game. Kind of a two way street for these two teams in my opinion. Jimbo isn't as vocal as Phil. But the fans don't differ much.

Some signs the fans had or were posted by the cheerleaders. I've heard various things about the signs. I think Coach Robbins and one of the Burton players or fans also exchanged words. I know Robbins got flagged for unsportsmanlike late in the game for arguing with an official to possibly a player or fan. What i have read it sounds like Burton beat up on PV physically pretty good. Several PV players injured from bruises to separations of shoulders. PV had two fumbles in the second half which basically doomed them. And from early on till late the trash talk had already begun by both sides on the field and later by fans in the stands.

Wish i could of been there. Knowing Phil and how he carries on, i'd love to seen him get the flag. Sounds like the game got kind of wild and personal.

Can't blame Phat Phil much. The ref on his sideline must have been 100 years old and looked lost most of the night. I think he must have been looking for the attendants from the nursing home to come and lock him back in his room.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that old cogger reff thought he was flagging phat Phill Fulmer not Phat Phill Robinson. I think that old Reff must be in the first stages of Altizers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alzheimer's?

And what did the signs say? This is a pretty vague post so far.

I was at the game and obviously LPDFTBL wasn't cuz he has no clue what he is talking about..he is spoutiong rumors. As, far as the controversy goes, Butron had signs up degrading PVs cheerleaders implying that they were "easy". Then PV had a sign that mentioned JIB being State runner up. As, far as the game goes, PV out hit and beat up in JIB, both physically and statistically. Two turnovers doomed the Vikes in the 1st two minutes of the second half as 15 points were scored off them by JIB. In the 4th quarter on a questionable call, a flag was thrown on PVs bench...it wasn't on Phil Robbins, it was on his son Brad who was on the sidelines. After the game some JIB fans ran up to Phil and a couple of his players and waved a t-shirt in the players face. Phil seperated the fan from the players and then JIB's coaches exchanged words with Phil..all the while some fans from JIB were talking trash to PV players and coaches from the stands. Quite deplorable really. If ya want to know more, go to the LPD forum and sign up...there is about 13 pages on the whole thing.

Who knows...he's been down there off and on for a couple years now. I really don't know why folks got so upset over everything the other night. I was there, I support the Vikings, and it didn't bother me any. But, JIB has trouble winning with class...and it semms LPDFTBL would know that considering he is an Appy fan and all..lol

phil told burton fans that they wasn't allowed to come on the field. Robbins was not only flagged, but he was also ejected. dont think the refs done that for no reason. He had been arguing with the ref since the first quarter. I think hes having a hard time accepting the fact that he is not the king in the LPD anymore. As far as the fans goes, I dont know of any classy fans in the LPD.

Sounds like supr-putty is a little mad at the world. And yeah i am a Appy fan and Dawg and proud of it. What are you any thing besides pissed at the world?

I listened to the game and you was there. And it's about reading it on the LPD forum? Ok.

Those same posters post here. Get over your crying man. Life goes on. It's more than a sports forum and a fishing buddy. HAHA

And yeah it was both sides. But PV's sideline got the unsportsmanlike late in the game. And it was said on the radio it may of been on Phat Phil for arguing with the official. Then i heard it was his son who was on the side line that he had said something. Either way if it was either one it was still on PV's sideline. Right?

So the point is mute. Phil is an ego about like some ohters. And if he don't get his way he will take his ball and go home. There is no number 9 headin to PV any time soon till PV drops the spred and goes to the I. Phil won't do that so he may as well go ahead an hang it up. Or waste a lot of talent the next few years. I know that the fans know that and your a PV supporter so you should know it as well.

As far as this thread. The PV side line got an unsportsmanlike. Phil or whomever it don't make things look good. If any thing it looks like it's PV, so it's ok, as far as how things go in the LPD.

Right or wrong?

Until you know what you are talking about, you shouldn't even post. If you go back and read your 1st post, all it was is the rumors that were going around on Saturday. Now your latest post has dropped all the misinformation and is instead supplemented withyour opinion of what the guy on the radio said...lol..OK. It's like this, I graduated from PV, and I played at PV...but unlike you, I'm not still stuck in my HS years living and dying over HS football. As far as the LPD Forum goes..I know you have lots of enemies there..and I've seen the lil sissy fights bewteen you and other posters there. And you know what...I've never taken a side cuz I think the crap you whine over is IMO the most childish, trivial things. So, when you want to attack someone, stay away from me...Cuz as far as a challenge goes, sitting down and matching wits with a hamster is on the same par as matching wits with you.

That is why no one argues with you. Your a genius. You know it all. And matching wits with a know it all. Why would i try.

It's pretty simple PV got a call that shouldn't of happened. Tempers from a coach or a player or someone on the PV sideline. Your the only one who seems to know.

Seems the couple thousand in attendance didn't see nothing or see the call only you and the misinformed people who commented on it.

You stated everyone else was misleading what happened.

If they are then i guess, you are the only one to know, the truth, out of several thousand in attendance. And those who listened to it. No your not stuck in past years. PV did nothing wrong and the call was absolutely uncalled for. Seems if things are put that way it makes a few happy.

Well then. Since you were listening on. the radio. Maybe you know more than someone sitting there watching. it. Damn, spit it out already. I saw on virginia preps where 2 people there have told you what the deal was as well. If you don't believe it, or if you just want to bash everyone cuz Appy is gonna be sitting at home come playoff time, wear it out. And, since it means so much to ya, I don't know why you are so critical of PV, going on and on about they aren't going to get #9...blah, blah, blah...no one ever said they would. You brought it up..so maybe once Appy even appears in 9 title games you can talk some smack. But, don't attack my posts with your rumors when I was sitting there watching the game and just reported on here what ACTUALLY happened.

Here's my first comments below. It was about both programs. And i am talking about the penalty Brad got. Not after the game stuff. And one question why is Brad on the field to begin with. Does he hold VHSL credentials to be on the field. Other than Phil being his dad. You see there is some rules and regulations also.

"Getting bad reviews over signs and comments after PV / Burton game. Kind of a two way street for these two teams in my opinion. Jimbo isn't as vocal as Phil. But the fans don't differ much."

No your not living in the past. What does any of it have to do with Appy sitting at home. See you display the very attitude most see from most PV fans.

I think when you talk about being an elite program many expect a little more than what you have seen lately at PV. This and other issues that seem to have plaqued the program, that you seem to think is faultless. And who knows if PV will be going for a shot at a title. They still have to beat Kelly the only other Div. 2 team in the LPD. And the CMD isn't gonna be a cake walk. You might want to wait before you lay claim to #9. I think that happened once before and a lot of rooms in Harrisonburg had to be given up.

Let me explain something to you...I coached HS football for 4 years on the varsity level. You don't have to have any credentials or special "sanctioning" from the VHSL to be on the sidelines. All you have to do is have the permission of the coach. Second of all, I wasn't knocking Appy I was attacking you in return for the crap you spewed from your mouth about me earlier. FYI, both of my kids attend school in Appy..and my oldest daughter is in the marching band there. Furthermore, when I was little I spent the majority of my time at the Elementary and High Schools there because my Great grandmother and grandmother were the cafeteria managers at those schools..and my mother (who is an Appy alum) cooked there as well part time. So, I know a lil about the place. I used to sit out there before I even started school and watch Sarge (who is one of my closest friends now) put the Dawgs thru their paces before Tom was the head man. So, if you think I hate Appy or something, you are dead wrong. But, apparently you have a bone to pick with PV. One thing I have noticed though is this: with each successive post you have in this thread your points and arguments are becoming smaller and more trivial...so maybe something is getting thru to you anyways...But, as far as your knowledge of PVs season...they aren't going to win the LPD so they will have to get in on points. As far as the CMD not being a cakewalk...well so far they have beaten Lee and Lebanon...GC is the next team from there they play...so it hasn't been to tough so far. It's not like VA High or John Batte is gonna challenge them.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I wouldnt put any of that past Burton fans... They are plane out downgrading. They tried to fight with us at half time when we played them a couple years ago. And their players are completly disrespectful. Now I hate Phil Robbins with a passon, becasue of what he said about Haysi a couple of years ago when Haysi beat them. He quoted in the newspaper "Haysi wont come within two or three touchdowns of Giles" He may have been right, but he was pissed becasue he lost to Haysi, and the point of the matter is even if PV beat haysi they wouldnt have came within two or three touchdowns of Giles. So it doesnt make me loose any sleep at night becasue Burtin can win a State Title and I could care less is fat phil fell off the face of the earth.

I'm not crazy about Phil either..but he has had success as a coach and some think the sun rises and sets there..not many tho. He shouldn't have said what he did when he lost that Region D Championship, even if it was what nearly everyone was thinking. But, that is just Phil...sometimes ya take him with a grain of salt.

What ever you say beast. I hope you get some help for that hate the world attitude. I do know some to. And yes not every one is allowed on the sidelines. Including coaches sons. There is some VHSL rules. You may of coached but you didn't evidently learn a lot from those who taught you. Get into the VHSL handbook and look it up. Oh wait. It may be on the LPD Sports forum. I think one of your counterparts did it a year or so ago and posted it on there. Elp6n. She was the one who actually brought it to my attention. So may i am wrong. The kid alot use to ridicule in BSG and Appy for his love hate stuff. See Tom let him on the sidelines once to well help and motivate the kid. Seems Tom was told by officials and even later school officials, this can't happen no more. So you know maybe i am wrong. Maybe they just had some thing against this one kid. Look it up. Your a coach you need to know things like this or consult with Elp6n or someone who does. I ain't arguing with you. Cause it's not like you know all you think you do. And it has nothing to do with Phil. It's about two schools who fans and players get out of control. Yet nothing is said or done. If your an ex coach that should bother you to see it. Esp. from two programs who want to say they are the best. Yet show stupidity. I don't pat Appy on the back i tell it on here how it is when they do stupid crap. Yet some like to live in their own little world. Something i am accused of. HMM.