Bland/Pocy Game

pauley10

[ QUOTE ]

i will guarantee that pocahontas has more speed than bland seen both teams i give bland cedit they are good but they have no speed close to the pauleys.things have been different since week one for them. but this game isnt about the speed which ever team has the best defense will win both teams will move the ball thats a given its who will stop who to determine this one

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on that.. To me it's going to be 20-16 pocahontas. Pocahontas does have some speed I've watched them play..

Guest old_school

I left with about 4:00 to go. Bland 40 Pocy 25. Don't know what the final was.

[ QUOTE ]

so much for the powerful speed of the indians. lol. hate it for them, but i love being right.

[/ QUOTE ]

“It was just something to motivate them,†Hart said after the game. “At that point, we were down 18-7, and their speed was hurting us. I think we’re growing up as a team. Even our seniors are growing up. They had more speed than us, but these are young men with a lot of heart.â€Â

^ "They had more speed than us."

Congrats to Bland..good game.

Shrader is a beast. So far in the MED i think he is by far the most valuable player. The bland team is alot more rounded this year but he is definatly the key to the teams success. pocy is a good team but being faster then bland this year isnt much. Bland county isnt a "fast" team they are a smart team that is why they have been able to have success thus far. Blands skills will be put to the test the rest of the season because they will be playing the best teams on there schedaul Narrows, Galax, Fort, and Grayson.

Bland just played a very good game.They ran the ball up the middle on us all night and it hurt us really bad and our offense played well for a little while in the 1st half but we jus began to slack on defense and offense comin' into the 2nd half.Good FB they have over there too he's a really hard runner and the QB wasn't that bad either but overall Bland's got a really good team this year.Congrats on the win!!!

[ QUOTE ]

okay, eh, point taken. so, if phs had more speed, then why didn't you guys bring home the w? were you outplayed or outcoached? perhaps, both?

[/ QUOTE ]they wore us down. they were stronger than us, and the backs ran hard and were hard to tackle. football isn't all about speed. we had our good points during the game, and they did too..they just had a couple more than we did. i'm not taking anything away from them they played a good game. i'm more sore today than i've been after any game before..and i'm still pretty tired from chasing around thier qb. haha

[ QUOTE ]

they wore us down. they were stronger than us, and the backs ran hard and were hard to tackle. football isn't all about speed. we had our good points during the game, and they did too..they just had a couple more than we did. i'm not taking anything away from them they played a good game. i'm more sore today than i've been after any game before..and i'm still pretty tired from chasing around thier qb. haha

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tackles did you end up with? It seemed like you had every other tackle for Pocy!

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Just courious, does anyone from Bland know a man by the name Greg Havens? I work with him and he is a huge Bland County fan. I wish more fans where into their hometown team like him. Great sportmanship and gives the oppisite team just as much praise as his own. Great person.