It's official, Havens gets the Bluefield job.

Bluefield_Rules

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_283235704.html

It's disappointing that Tony Webster didn't get his chance to coach the Beavers. However, I believe Havens is a good hire and is definitely a step-up from Gilliard. Havens has a very good basketball mind and his teams have always played the same type of style that Gaither's teams played. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with some talent to coach now...

Well it's not what the majority of bluefield fans wanted but we got it so we might as well support the man..maybe Tony will stay as an assistant and help still who knows. but congradulations to Havens, and to Slick everything happens for a reason one day man one day.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

no complaints from me. As long as the players will play for him im happy. I dont want to see any players not play or transfer. DEFINITELY A STEP UP FROM GILLIARD.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

If Havens does what he says in the paper, which is pushing the tempo and playing pressure defense, i will have no complaints. Bluefield fans have been waiting for a coach to do that again for four years now...

also, with the addition of Willie Ellison it adds even more to the coaching staff. Willie knows how to make the boys play hard. Plus, he has won a state championship before.

I think Havens will do a fine job at Bluefield, I too, just think that it is ashame that Webster isn't getting a shot.

Havens said in the paper that he likes to run the the fast paced offense, and pressure defense so I think Bluefield is in good hands.

If Ellison stays then that would also be a huge asset to the team also.