Good Luck Beavers, Mavericks

Sources

Despite what I may have said earlier in the week, I want to wish the Beavers AND the Mavericks the best of luck in tomorrow night's game. Things tend to heat up on the board whenever a Bluefield/JM match-up is looming, but when it comes down to it I still have a lot of respect for the James Monroe football program. I'm looking forward to a competitive game and wish everyone making the trip to Mitchell a safe trip. I hope you Monroe Countians enjoy the renovated Mitchell Stadium.

Same here. I hope for a great and safe game. I look forward to this game every year. And even look forward to a little bit of the smack talking and all the hype. All the pre-game smack talking just raises the stakes because that means that someone(s) is eating crow afterwards. I hope it's not me because I don't care a bit for crow.

And now we're here -- THE day. Good luck to everyone!!!

Just like any big game, there is a line drawn. You are either on one side or the other for some reason. Some people have gotten way too pissy over a little fun that some of us have in here. I for one usually pull for the underdog unless I am affiliated with the team somehow. I feel Bluefield has been on top or seen that way for a while. In the case of championships, Bluefield has the edge there too. They are also #1 in the state. JMHS is considered the "underdog". I wish both teams luck and hope and pray all is safe to and from and during the game. But go MAVS.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

We're not 100% healthy, unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you give us any more info?

I'm told one good lineman is out tonight because of fluid on his knee. Then we had one player who's out for months because he had knee surgery. That's the ones that come quick to mind.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

hate to see the lineman not play, ive been hearing good things about the Mavs o line and would like to see them at their best...

I hated to hear it too. I'm hoping it'll turn out to be false, but I'm doubting.

Well, this is it for me on this board until after the game. I've got my purple jacket, my ugly rain poncho, gloves, and I'm out the door. Watch out Mercer County, you're being invaded by Hillbillies!!!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I hated to hear it too. I'm hoping it'll turn out to be false, but I'm doubting.

Well, this is it for me on this board until after the game. I've got my purple jacket, my ugly rain poncho, gloves, and I'm out the door. Watch out Mercer County, you're being invaded by Hillbillies!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ill be looking for the tractors! haha jk

[ QUOTE ]

I hope you Monroe Countians enjoy the renovated Mitchell Stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure we will, that place is sharp! Hate to hear about the injury (Isuspaect with Romo, unfortanetly that's been an ongoing issue, but hopefully everyone else is OK. See ya'll in a couple of hours!