Chilhowie 34 Rural Retreat 29 Final

roadwarrior

This was probably one of the better hs football games I've seen in a while. It went back and forth all night with Chilhowie scoring on big plays and RR was hurt by turnovers. Both teams played there hearts out and it is a shame someone had to lose. This sets up a showdown between the Warriors and Maroons next week for the district title and playoff berth. RR will be fine and should roll through D1 this year, they have a good team with a big line and good runners. I was also impressed by the QB Stoneman, good strong accurate arm and good running ability. I definitely got my $5 worth tonight.

Harrison dominated, he had over 230 yards rushing and I think all 4 of RR's TDs. RR dominated the line of scrimmage all night but Chil made big plays when they needed it and RR couldn't convert in Warrior Territory. I didn't see Pickett play offense, I thought we was a really good back, I wonder what happened.