Rivals.com Bowl Projections

sanctagon

screw vt getting a shot at wvu. WVU is now virtual the #3 team in the country b/c 2 of the big 12 teams must lose b/c they play each other so look out. West Virginia vs Oklahoma National Championship!!!!! Let's Go MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought this day would come! Finally, bowl projections that, for the most part, make some freaking sense! Again, these were made before Arizona and Brady Leaf defeated Oregon. Basically, all one has to do is slide Kansas into Oregon's spot, and this list is still quite feasible. Again, Saturday could change all this. However, this is the first bowl prognostication I've seen this year that I could actually see happening. Kudos to Rivals!

Given a bizarre twist, LSU isn't losing again until the new year, if at all. The last two games for the Tigers are against Mississippi (last in the SEC) and Arkansas (WAY down from what many expected). Moderately contain Darren McFadden in the last week, and they advance to the SEC championship game to play a team out of the SEC East (likely Tennessee) that isn't as solid as the Tigers.

For West Virginia to have a legitimate national title spot, one thing must happen: Oklahoma loses to Texas Tech or Oklahoma State, and then have a ticked-off Sooner squad win the Big XII. That, my friends, is West Virginia's ticket to a national championship. It's not impossible, but it's unlikely. That is, if West Virginia beats Cincinnati and Connecticut, of course...

Guest JJBrickface

There is still too much football left to be played. One game at a time.

[ QUOTE ]

That is virtually true, unless Oklahoma loses against Texas Tech or Oklahoma State and wins the Big XII against Kansas/Missouri.

In the end, though, that's how the bowl scenario is shaking down. I'd be shocked if the above scenario happened, but this year is one of crazy things...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'd like to take the 12-ounce crow for dinner...

Speak of the freaking devil, Texas Tech upset Oklahoma tonight. The chances for a West Virginia national title game appearance just went from slim to fairly good. All West Virginia has to do now is beat Connecticut, and have Oklahoma win the Big XII Championship or LSU lose the SEC Championship, and West Virginia will advance to New Orleans. Crazy season, man...

yes but with the way the number 2 teams are playing...let Kansas win this week and have the curse take effect on them in the Big XII Championship rather than this week and have WVU go into their game against PITT as number 2 with the bad omens it has had this year...