James Monroe wins 13-7

wvuraiders

apparently there was a game tying TD called back (the ep puts Magnolia up) on a holding call and then at the gun an INT in the endzone to seal the game. Congrats to JM but my question is this, can they continue to dodge the bullet and find there way to Wheeling?? If the Beavers do make it Wheeling i cant decide who id rather see them play. Right now im pulling for Wayne out of that bracket, but then again id really like to see the Beavers end JM's season, AGAIN! so, either way as long as Blfd continues to win, im good to go.

thats essentially what im wanting to know..where the few calls that maybe afected the game, were they legit?? blatant or 'maybe' calls?? in a game where one TD createes a different winner im interested in how the game was called..

The one against Magnolia late in the game I can't say because it happened on the far end of the field away from me. But the one early one against JM that erased that touchdown was on my end of the field and it was one of those that leave you looking like this: confused.gif It's hard to really answer this non-biased because I'm sure Magnolia fans probably saw things throughout the game that they thought should be called that weren't just like JM fans did.

What kind of offensive formations did Magnolia throw at JM today? Defensively they would've had to have keyed on the fakes and multiple hand-offs, that are the signature of the Single Wing, well if they held JM to 13 points.

Hopefully if one of the other Mav fans that posts here reads your question, they can tell you better than I can. Seems like they ran out of the shotgun quite a bit. There wasn't as much throwing in the 1st half from Magnolia as what I expected, but they really didn't need to because, even though they didn't seem to be exceptionally fast, they were running the ball quite well. Plus one of the few times they passed early on, JM intercepted and ended what would've most likely been a scoring drive so maybe that's another reason why they didn't do it as much. Late in the 4th as time became an issue, Magnolia turned to a passing series and was having pretty good success with it. I liked their quarterback. Several times when it was 3rd down and big yardage and he was being flushed out of the pocket and was scrambling for his life, he still managed to get off some nice passes for 1st down yardage. Of course his receivers get credit for half of that success too. Defensively, it was obvious they are a well coached, well disciplined group. They seemed to have an uncanny ability to know where the ball was. And they tackled well. For anyone that enjoys a good defensive game, this was one of those. For both Magnolia and James Monroe. Magnolia definitely was a playoff caliber team. I enjoy WV playoffs because you get an opportunity to see teams that you don't normally get to see.

This was probably the best overall defense we've seen, and yes, that includes Bluefield. We couldn't get anything going on a consistant basis, and our defense bailed us out huge several times.

I said it in the 1st quarter, and ended up being right later-Magnolia lost this game when their first 2 drives went inside the Maverick 20, and they fumbled and they an interception. Had they got it in, we'd have had a very difficult time coming back.

Magnolia probably had the ball 75% of the time but couldn't seal the game. This was alot like James Monroe's loss the Bluefield. Their QB was very good, especially for a freshman, like was said before, he really kept them in the game late, and had alot of awareness. They most ran, I-formation, Shotgun 1-back with trips right, and loaded shotgun, often changing formation before the snap.

As for the officiating, absolutly horrible, both ways. This is the time of year that refs need to be as invisible as possible, it didn't happen that way, and both sides left with bad tastes in their mouths. Our touchdown being called back was by for the biggest BS call I've seen at any level this season. The block in question was a shoulder to shoulder block at the 40, and Taylor was in the end zone when the flag was thrown. Magnolia's was at the opposite end of the field from me too, didn't see it as well, I know they'd been holding us alot early and didn't get called, but hey, either call it every time or don't do it at all!

Injuries were the other big thing, we scored on our go ahead drive without Robertson or Kiesel, I think both are fine, Taylor was on defense some after that, but I've got a feeling we'll play Saturday to aloow an extra day to heal up.

Unfortunatly I'll have to miss the game at Wayne. God-willing we'll get it together, and we'll see Bluefield or Scott again in Wheeling in 2 weeks.