For James Monroe fans (directions to Wayne)

PioneerPA

From I-64 West:

Take Exit 8 (5th Street East) and make a left at the light (152 South). You'll drive about 15-20 minutes or so from the interstate to the field. You'll stay on 152 and cross the railroad tracks 4 times. (Big space between 3rd and 4th). After the 4th crossing, you'll hit a long straight stretch. At the end of it is Wal-Mart (set back) with Wendy's and KFC next to the road. Go through the red light and you'll go into what is in effect an S curve. Make a right near the end of that left curve just before the sawmill. You'll see the lights to the field. Cross the bridge and you're there. There is a lot of parking in the general vicinity, but you'll want to get there reasonably early to make sure you park on pavement instead of the overflow grass lots.

If you're looking to eat, there is a lot of food around the Huntington Mall (on I-64 about 35 minutes from Wayne), but closer to Wayne there is a Dairy Queen close to the initial exit, Monty's Pizza and Hillbilly Hotdogs near Kenny Queen ACE Hardware just before Lavalette (12 minutes or so from Wayne). Also on 152 in Lavalette is Elmer's Family Restaurant, Triple H Drive Inn, Sam's Hotdogs, McDonald's, Taco Bell (connected to Exxon), Gino's Pizza, El Tenampa Mexican Restaurante (authentic). Just before the Wal-Mart Plaza (you'll see the Wendy's sign first) is the Family Restaurant. In the Wal-Mart Plaza is Wendy's, KFC, Rocky Top's Pizza, China King (authentic) and a Subway inside Wal-Mart.

About 5 minutes beyond the field on 152, on the other side of the hill that is town (Wayne sits on a hill...can't miss it) is the Pioneer Restaurant.

Have a safe trip out!

Just wanted to bump this tonight and add that the Family Restaurant located near the Wendy's and Wal-Mart Plaza has changed hands...it is now the Cowboy Cooking Co., with steak, ribs and chicken. Shocked me too and I haven't got to try it out yet.

Anyway, on another note, I wanted to wish the Mavericks good luck tomorrow night. I respect the people in Monroe County and the program that has been built there over the past 10 years. James Monroe does things the right way. If we can't go to the Island this year, James Monroe would be my pick to go. Of course, I hope it doesn't come at our expense this particular year, but you guys are highly thought of up in this neck of the woods.

Have a safe trip.

Thanks for that post. I think it's safe to say the respect goes both ways. This should be a great high school ballgame. I really hate to see anyone lose at this point of the season, but I really hope the Mavericks get to make their first trip to the Island this year. That would be cool. If not, then best of luck to Wayne with winning back to back titles.