bassett at salem from a salem fan

zack

first of all, bassett has a great team. second , william fleming,pulaski, christiansburg and blacksburg all have more talent. i dont know of any transfers except to lord bototurt from fleming and cave spring and north cross to hidden valley.the bottom line is all the seniors had a senior dinner the other night and they all played in the salem rec leagues.sometimes we have talent and sometimes not and this is a not year.we have coaching, fans, and dedication and grreat defense year in and year out. amherst and bassett have all the talent this year.gw danville gets transfers from martinsville the martin boys from va. tech played at gw danville from martinsville.talk all you want but to be honest i was hoping for more support from teams from swva that are a lot like the teams from bluefield,graham and richlands.

and another thing, i did not see a single post from a salem fan saying bassett is not a great team. in fact a few salem fans, like myself were AT the patrick henry bassett game and have been singing the praises of bassett all season. was their schedule as hard-no,are they 3-0 against the river ridge yes.we won more convincingly in some cases because we knew the teams. bassett poses some great problems for salem-size speed like amherst. as far as the zebras are concerned-i have a friend who played at salem who is a high school zebra and he is not allowed to do a salem game, because he has ties there. i hope the zebras are with us because we are going to need them. he said the 2 best teams, hands down are bassett and amherst. amherst has a weak schedule, too in my opinion, but like bassett nobody has stopped those offenses.hopefully, one or 2 bluefield fans will be on our side.

Bluefield, Richlands, Graham, ect. do not recruit kids to come play for them from other schools in the area that I have heard. Even if they played together in Pop Warner. Kids transfer in and out and all the schools in the SWVA have experienced that, but at the players’ own wish. Their parents are not coerced about getting their kids to play at a different school in the area.

I work with Salem alumni and they all say the same thing, that Salem talks parents into moving so they can get their kids onto Salem football teams. One of them said when his son was playing for Byrd that Salem offered him an apartment in Salem because they wanted his son to play football for Salem.

If someone has heard different then speak up.