Bluefield college girls BB

land_rider

Well the old gal is up to her old self again, She'already lost 4 out of 5 games so far this season.And should be winning every game with the talent she's got.The Crist girl from princton w va. is one of the best shooters on the team and the coach doesn't play her but very little.

Here is an interesting stat in the past three years the women's basketball team is 17-69. That includes the 6 losses this year. Someone said that she was building character. Is it built up yet?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Face it, Bluefield College is a disgrace...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch!

[/ QUOTE ]

If it weren't for the fact that BC is your wife's employer, you would have said the same thing my BC Alum brother...

Bluefield College is far from a disgrace the problem seem that they can not get a good girls basketball coach who can recuirt the state of VA. Look at the mens program you have 6 of your 14 from the state. Bluefield College has always had a strong men's program dating back to the days when Danny Brown play for them.

Our local coaches in the high school systems work hard for our kids and making winners out of them,one school or the other is always battling for championships.Bluefield college girls basketball coaching smells like the sewer system.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats sad! Well they did get rid of her as the athletic director, maybe they will see the light and let her find another place to coach as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

She's gone...the power of the board strikes again!!!

Bluefield hoops coach, athletic director resigns

By BRIAN WOODSON

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BLUEFIELD, Va. — Her time is done at Bluefield College. Cheryl Fielitz-Scarbrough, the women’s basketball coach and athletic director at Bluefield, resigned from both positions on Wednesday, according to Chris Shoemaker, Bluefield’s director of public relations.

Shoemaker was surprised to learn of the news on Wednesday afternoon.

“I was surprised. I hadn’t expected it so it was a surprise to me,” Shoemaker said. “Cheryl has been an asset to the campus community. She was well-liked by the players and just the college family in general.”

Fielitz-Scarbrough, whose Rams lost 89-60 to Bluefield State on Tuesday, will be replaced as basketball coach on an interim basis by Steve Hardin, the Bluefield golf coach and assistant men’s basketball coach.

Shoemaker said Hardin would be assisted by Bluefield volleyball coach Jaime Bowman, and another men’s assistant, Brandon Rosser.

“It’s the middle of the season for women’s basketball so we’re going to get things in place so the team can move on,” Shoemaker said. “We have appointed Steve Hardin to be the interim head coach for the Lady Rams.”

Shoemaker also said that Ewell Vernon, the head trainer at the college, will replace Fielitz-Scarbrough as athletics director.

“He has accepted the position as director of athletics,” Shoemaker said. “He’ll continue to oversee the athletic training program, but we will add the duties of athletic director so he can fill the void that has been left by Cheryl.”

Fielitz-Scarbrough came to Bluefield in 2001 after a stint as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Valparaiso. She had also been a head coach at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, Nicholls State, Queens College and the University of Rio Grande in Ohio.

Bluefield (1-8), which has lost eight straight games since winning its opener, will resume play on Friday with an Appalachian Athletic Conference game at Covenant. That will be followed Saturday by a visit to Bryan.

Shoemaker said that Fielitz-Scarbrough will be missed.

“She is passionate about basketball. She loves the sport, she loves to coach and, for her, it’s not just about wins and losses,” Shoemaker said. “She’s equally concerned about building character among the players.

“We wish her well. I’m not sure what her future holds or where she will go from here, but we wish her well.”

Fielitz-Scarbrough — whose record at Bluefield was 42-127 — and Vernon declined comment.

Well I guess some people got what they wanted. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year goes. I have no idea how strong their conference is, but watching them play BSC they werent very impressive. I dont know if they didnt like the coach or if they just arent very good. They are not quick enough to pressure or handle pressure very well. They are not very big. Small and unathletic is not a good combination for a basketball team. Good Luck the rest of the year, it will be challenging.

Face up man,she wasn't worth a Sh!!!!! as coach,they have got some good players on that team,the girl from princeton is one of the best,a little heavy but can move for her size.They will get better in future,I said it before that when the new president took over, she would be history,And she new it was going to happen.

You called it land rider, you said when the new president took over there would be changes. It didn't take long. I think Coach Hardin can win with this bunch of young ladies. He is from the Gillespie mold, they know how to win!