Couple of teams we have not talked much about...

Lance

Congrats to Gate City...who have been in a "down" year by their own standards...yet have quietly put themselves in position to make another run at state...

...and Clintwood as well...you have not heard much about them, but they have put it together here in the last few weeks with some big wins...

good luck to both in the next round!

Thanks Lance!

These boys have heart this year at GC!

We've had a lot more talented teams, but they sure play hard. The players are peaking at the right time, and with 4 teams left we are still one of the four.

I think the coaches have even done a better job as of late using the old type GC football and it's paid off.

We tried to run the spread the first few games and just didn't get it done. Now we line up and hit you in the mouth on O and D and try to do what we want, the offense grinds the clock and the D tries to hold. It is working right now, hopefully against a good GW team GC can keep on keeping on.

Congrats to both teams, i knew it wouldn't take GC long to get back good kids over there and great coaches. If i'm not mistaken this is the first time since 1979 Clintwood been this far GOOD JOB to you both.

Prepare and Focus for this week, GOOD LUCK to you both