Racist=FIRED

centerback15

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10495965

This article appeared on cbssportsline.com and it is absolutely riduculous. It doesn't matter if you are a mountaineer, hokie, wahoo, or a thundering herd memeber. What is said in this article is racist. He is a racist person and shouldn't be allowed to write these things. Don Imus was fired for saying the same type of thing and so should he. After reading this article if you agree that he is a racist then here is the website that will give you a chance to sign a petition to have him fired!!!!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/43121212/

[ QUOTE ]

This article appeared on cbssportsline.com and it is absolutely riduculous. It doesn't matter if you are a mountaineer, hokie, wahoo, or a thundering herd memeber. What is said in this article is racist. He is a racist person and shouldn't be allowed to write these things. Don Imus was fired for saying the same type of thing and so should he. After reading this article if you agree that he is a racist then here is the website that will give you a chance to sign a petition to have him fired!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This article is absolutely disrespectful and insulting to West Virginia, and I agree that CBS, if it has anything resembling fortitude, will reprimand this ignorant hack. It's one thing to question a football team, but it's another to degrade on a culture of which he has no knowledge. Not only that, this fellow has absolutely zero football knowledge: "I would even take Florida over Missouri and West Virginia. The Gators might give up 30 points, but they'd drop 50 on either of those teams." One of the worst "football articles I've ever read. Ever.

However, one thing this article is not, is racist. He did not criticize any athlete, or any fanbase, based on national origin or skin color. You definitely have a right to be incensed about the article. Heck, I am. However, this is a totally different animal than what happened with Don Imus. Being a pathetic, talentless moron is one thing. Racism is another.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This article is absolutely disrespectful and insulting to West Virginia, and I agree that CBS, if it has anything resembling fortitude, will reprimand this ignorant hack. It's one thing to question a football team, but it's another to degrade on a culture of which he has no knowledge. Not only that, this fellow has absolutely zero football knowledge: "I would even take Florida over Missouri and West Virginia. The Gators might give up 30 points, but they'd drop 50 on either of those teams." One of the worst "football articles I've ever read. Ever.

However, one thing this article is not, is racist. He did not criticize any athlete, or any fanbase, based on national origin or skin color. You definitely have a right to be incensed about the article. Heck, I am. However, this is a totally different animal than what happened with Don Imus. Being a pathetic, talentless moron is one thing. Racism is another.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that this is not racism, I do think that it is in the same boat as what Imus did. I think this has less to do with color of skin and more to do with people’s culture that is being subjected to ridicule.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that this is not racism, I do think that it is in the same boat as what Imus did. I think this has less to do with color of skin and more to do with people’s culture that is being subjected to ridicule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely see where you're coming from. I should not have written "totally different", because there are some elements in common. Imus spouted off about the ladies' tattoos, degrading their femininity in the process. Point well taken.

I personally believe that the media blew the racial element far out of proportion while not concentrating on the cultural element at stake. However, there was still that racial element with Imus, and that can't be understated at all. Therefore, I think that there are some similarities between Imus' slander and this blowhard's work, but I would stop short of putting them on the same plane.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i agree with big blue alum... This guy should be fired, but unfortunately he wont cause i think CBS has had enough of the "reverends" lately...

what's the point of even having a regular season if everyone thinks either USC,Ohio State, or an SEC team has to be in the national championship? WVU and Missouri (if both make it) deserve to be there..they took care of thier games..it shouldn't matter if someone from california wants to watch them play in the game or not..they still deserve it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i started reading some more of this guys articles and just seems like he tries to start trouble.

Heres the interesting part, he lied on his resume for the Indy paper saying he got a degree from some college. From what i read, he hasnt even gotten a degree! How can a guy like him get a good job doing sports for CBS without any degree? AND after he lied on a previous resume? And to top it off, Freeman wants to sue the guy who ratted him out for falsifing his resume! Shouldnt Freeman be getting sued?

This guy needs to be sent away...

[ QUOTE ]

i started reading some more of this guys articles and just seems like he tries to start trouble.

Heres the interesting part, he lied on his resume for the Indy paper saying he got a degree from some college. From what i read, he hasnt even gotten a degree! How can a guy like him get a good job doing sports for CBS without any degree? AND after he lied on a previous resume? And to top it off, Freeman wants to sue the guy who ratted him out for falsifing his resume! Shouldnt Freeman be getting sued?

This guy needs to be sent away...

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me a quote from Bill Simmons: "They've lowered the requirements...If you have two arms, two legs, and a head, you're now eligible to have your own sports show". Same goes for newspapers, nowadays, it appears.

It speaks incredibly poorly on CBS to continue to pay him a salary. Send his behind packin', baby.

Anyone who wants to watch an explosive offense play would love to see pat white and the boys go at it with chase daniel and the tigers........the cbs fool needs a life and remove his head from stereotyped azz it's in. God forbid anyone say anything borderland about him or his area....then we are racist.