Attention Mr GMAN

wvuraiders

I have noticed most of our moderators are seemingly college kids or younger that do a poor job being mediators on this board...they attack you when you have a difference of opinion with them..etc...Is it possible to start an adult board that has respectful conversations etc...while at the same time allowing for differences of opinion ( no matter your college allegiance)...seems on this board if you are not in the VT click you are always threatend to be kicked off...etc...I feel as if maybe you should let more adults run this site. thank you for your time.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

maybe you should learn to get some facts and start backing up your posts. Then we cant rip apart your posts because they actually are factual. and plus, so what if we disagree. Isnt that the fun of it? I enjoy surfing all kinds of websites finding stats to back my opinion up and proving people who base opinions on their feelings wrong. If you say the big east is superior, well then im gonna find every stat and do some math myself and create stats to prove you wrong.

moving on, the world has become too politically correct and sensitive. Im so sorry some of the moderators are VT fans. Get over it.

No......it has nothing to do with factual information. It's certainly not fair what some do. Who cares if you agree or not.....but I've seen some of these so called moderators calling people idiots or whatever. This isn't using facts. If you don't like someones post.....ignore it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Schmitt/Fieldgeneral/Gridiron, you have done your share of name calling as well and you have gotten numerous reprieves also. Im so sorry that i can properly defend and support my opinions and you cant. BTW, i have never called anyone any names, except for one time with UVAobserver(and it really was more of using a stereotype) and that was more of a shot at UVA in general lol...

[ QUOTE ]

Schmitt/Fieldgeneral/Gridiron, you have done your share of name calling as well and you have gotten numerous reprieves also. Im so sorry that i can properly defend and support my opinions and you cant. BTW, i have never called anyone any names, except for one time with UVAobserver(and it really was more of using a stereotype) and that was more of a shot at UVA in general lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

And heck, I probably deserved it! Can't remember it, though. I've heard so many over the years! wink.gif

I totally agree with your first post, too. I enjoy looking all over the place for stats to back up my numerous arguments. Makes me a bit more informed on the issues, as well.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And heck, I probably deserved it! Can't remember it, though. I've heard 'em all! wink.gif

I also totally agree with your first post, too. I enjoy looking all over the place for stats to back up my numerous arguments. Makes me a bit more informed on the issue, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was during the whole BCS/playoff thing... i believe i made fun of the whole zima drinking sportcoat wearing UVA football fans lol...

And as for finding and creating stats, half my printer paper at school has been wasted for statistical purposes. lol.

Well I was unfairly booted multiple times when I have recieved worse comments that were personal in nature. Sure I indulged in giving it back for giggles. But when it was something that wasn't liked......well I get a personal message about me getting kicked off! Everyone is entitled to an opinion and in an open forum like this, it is no different. I've even posted things that said attention WVU fans only....asking opinion of WVU fans.....and of course I get those smart ones who feel the need to be silly and immature.

Ah, yes! I will admit that I wore my sportcoat to one football game, and that was my first year. Never again did that happen. I must also say that a Zima has never passed my lips. I will neither confirm nor deny this about my friends, haha.

I swear, us Virginia fans enjoy perpetuating that stereotype, so it's definitely fair game.

I've spent more than a few hours away from the law books looking up NCAA rankings. Too bad the season's almost over, though.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Im already sad about this weekend not having any college games, and with that upsets!

and at least your honest about the whole sportcoat thing lol... did it have a UVA symbol on the pocket?

I thought message boards were ment for different sides, cultures, opinions, and such?? Granted people like to prove their point and seek out facts to back up their opinion, but isn't that why we are all here?? To stick up for our team when someone challanges us to??

Who is the hell would want to post on a board where everyone has the same team, likes, or culture?? If that happened then about the only replies you would get to someone's post would be: "nice post......good one.....i agree" Who would want to read that all the time???

Go find a board somewhere else for those of you who do not like what you read on here.

[ QUOTE ]

I have noticed most of our moderators are seemingly college kids or younger that do a poor job being mediators on this board...they attack you when you have a difference of opinion with them..etc...Is it possible to start an adult board that has respectful conversations etc...while at the same time allowing for differences of opinion ( no matter your college allegiance)...seems on this board if you are not in the VT click you are always threatend to be kicked off...etc...I feel as if maybe you should let more adults run this site. thank you for your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know of any moderators who are younger than the college level, and as far as your "adult" board, most people are considered adults at the age of 18 and that includes college students. So according to that, I think that for the most part this is the "adult board" you are looking for.

I have never seen any "threatening" comments made on this board. It is merely one poster disagreeing with another poster. No one agrees with every one on any subject matter. Forums are a place to express your own OPINIONS and people are to either accept them or take them with a grain of salt.

Lol.....funny rocks! Anyway, noone that I know of has made threats or anything like that. I just think some folks use their power in the wrong manner. I mean we are supposed to have different views, opinions, fav. teams and whatever. I just think it is unfair to see someone post something and someone reply with something demeaning. Because when someone gives it back, unless they are sided with that group, then they get message threatening to ban them from the board.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got a PM and an offer...if you dare to ACCept it...

whats going on with all the haters GMan?

I'll leave them with a little rod stewart to ponder...

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy

Come on, sugar, let me know

If you really need me just reach out and touch me

Come on, honey, tell me so