Congrates to Virginia Tech's men's soccer team

bhs7695

I love our team this year (obviously). I'm one who has followed Tech soccer from the first day I got here, and it's awesome seeing how well they've done this year. It says so much about the job Oliver Weiss is doing as head coach and how hard this relatively young team is working. Now if we could just get past Wake Forest on Friday, we'll be in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!! It's great see a sport that used to be not too highly regarded in our conference much less the nation show that they can play. I mean, it wasn't too long ago that we didn't stand a fighting chance against the ranks of Wake, UVA, even Clemson, Duke, and Boston College (granted we did lose to BC recently). Just adds validity to the phrase "every dog has its day".

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone going down to Cary? Or know where exactly Cary is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware the championships were in Cary, but that might be a possibility to take a drive down there. It is only a couple hours from Bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware the championships were in Cary, but that might be a possibility to take a drive down there. It is only a couple hours from Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try about four hours.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try about four hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking it was by Charlotte instead of Raleigh.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

No it is easily 3 and a half hours if not less. I have an uncle in Cary and we make the trip down there a few times a year.

Cary is a great city and has a great soccer stadium. i can remember the USA women playing there a few years back. It is not a bad drive and i have gone up and back easily in one day...

Actually Dad and I did it once in my 1994 Chevy Lumina 3.1 Euro. I miss that car.

[ QUOTE ]

No it is easily 3 and a half hours if not less. I have an uncle in Cary and we make the trip down there a few times a year.

Cary is a great city and has a great soccer stadium. i can remember the USA women playing there a few years back. It is not a bad drive and i have gone up and back easily in one day...

Actually Dad and I did it once in my 1994 Chevy Lumina 3.1 Euro. I miss that car.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the speed you were driving was...........

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with the lumina, too fast. lol that thing could move believe it or not...lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with the lumina, too fast. lol that thing could move believe it or not...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother had one of those and he loved it except for the brake system. I had a '95 Grand Am GT with that same engine and you're right, it would fly! I miss that car too! lol

Guest BEAVERTAIL

by the time i got done with it the windshield leaked even though i had fixed it numerous times, the dash was cracked, AC didnt work, neither did the heat, and it often frosted inside the car on rainy/cold nights.

i ended up selling it for $300 to some person from montcalm... I think i made a good deal at that point lol...

[ QUOTE ]

by the time i got done with it the windshield leaked even though i had fixed it numerous times, the dash was cracked, AC didnt work, neither did the heat, and it often frosted inside the car on rainy/cold nights.

i ended up selling it for $300 to some person from montcalm... I think i made a good deal at that point lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man! The times in the Lumina, Beavertail! Combine that with my Jeep and we skipped many a school days with those two beasts! LOL

P.S. - I was actually so upset when you sold that thing...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I traded my '95 on a new 2001 model GT that I got a great deal on because the 2002 were out at that time. BIG MISTAKE! That '01 was a major P.O.S. I have not gone back to a GM car since. I have a '03 Maxima now that is the shiznit!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man! The times in the Lumina, Beavertail! Combine that with my Jeep and we skipped many a school days with those two beasts! LOL

P.S. - I was actually so upset when you sold that thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about it... That car has been everywhere, and probably been stuck there too lol

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps there will be a football championship to go in the cold, lonely trophy case after all!

Just not the kind the Hokies generally pride themselves on wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be fine with it. Any team sport national championship will do at this point.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps there will be a football championship to go in the cold, lonely trophy case after all!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be fine with it. Any team sport national championship will do at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if there is a trophy for the VT bass fishing team championship this year. I saw a guy in the bookstore wearing a national champions bass fishing team shirt this past Sunday before the basketball game! lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if there is a trophy for the VT bass fishing team championship this year. I saw a guy in the bookstore wearing a national champions bass fishing team shirt this past Sunday before the basketball game! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get my 2007 ACC Champions shirt???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get my 2007 ACC Champions shirt???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, just forgot to bring it by. Sorry.