Vick -- Yeah I know !!

BLU

The judge didn't take it easy on Vick at all. It was suspected he would only get 12 to 18 months for his actions but the judge found it serious enough to go with 23 months.

My guess is that he will be out a little earlier than October 2009. I'd say he is in there into the fall of 2009, giving him 20 or so months.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

well he has already done about 1 month anyways...

and the prosecution was asking for 12-18 months so i have no clue how he got more.

I think it has something to do with the judge not accepting his confession of hanging the dogs...

[ QUOTE ]

well he has already done about 1 month anyways...

and the prosecution was asking for 12-18 months so i have no clue how he got more.

I think it has something to do with the judge not accepting his confession of hanging the dogs...

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN radio was saying the reason it was more was because he lied about smoking dope in September when he failed that drug test.

I wonder if he would try to become a speaker of some sort when he gets released. I could see the title of the seminar now: "How to lose $143 million, the Vick way."

[ QUOTE ]

Is he in right now for illegal interstate trade or whatever? I was under the impression that he hasn't even been charged with the dog fighting charges yet. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he had ended up pleading guilty, he knew that the charges we serious enough that it was certain he would be facing jail time. He decided to go in early to get a head start on his sentence, and in my opinion, to make it look a little bit better to the court system that he is serious about his actions and ready to face the consequences straight up.

[ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a fair sentence to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the brutal depravity of dogfighting, the fact that he was the only one who had the sort of money to bankroll the operation, the fact that he lied concerning his marijuana charges, and the fact that he changed his plea to guilty only after his "friends" started singing like canaries, yes, I think it's absolutely justified. Still, 23 months is on the low end of the scale (1-5 year).

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the brutal depravity of dogfighting, the fact that he was the only one who had the sort of money to bankroll the operation, the fact that he lied concerning his marijuana charges, and the fact that he changed his plea to guilty only after his "friends" started singing like canaries, yes, I think it's absolutely justified. Still, 23 months is on the low end of the scale (1-5 year).

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt imagine someone going to prison for 5 years for killing dogs...that just seems rediculous to me. I tihnk 23 months is reasonable, given the plea deal and all. The prosecution only asked for 18 months, so he was given the extra 5 months for the things that you mentioned.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt imagine someone going to prison for 5 years for killing dogs...that just seems rediculous to me. I tihnk 23 months is reasonable, given the plea deal and all. The prosecution only asked for 18 months, so he was given the extra 5 months for the things that you mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people serve less for raping and murdering other human beings.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people serve less for raping and murdering other human beings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. what is the world coming to???