College Cup...VT vs. Wake Forest...5 PM on ESPN2...

GMan

They looked sloppy for a good part of the game, but Wake is just masterful with their passing and handling skills. VT is getting closer, but they needed to capitalize on their chances. They just didn't do that tonight.

Yeh, VT let a couple of great scoring chances get away from them...especially the one in the first half. They just couldn't get it going because WF played some great D on Nyarko...

A rough 2-0 loss to the Demon Deacons, it appears. The ACC is the deepest conference for soccer east of the Rocky Mountains: great teams all around: Duke, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Clemson, Virginia, and now Virginia Tech. I'm sure I missed a couple of powers. I'm speaking from a little experience, too: Virginia fell in the semifinals of the College Cup last year.

No reason for the Hokies to hang their heads, however: it has been a fantastic season for them. Patrick Nyarko was named as a 2007 first-team All-American, which is quite an accomplishment. Making it to the national semifinals is quite an accomplishment in itself.

Congratulations to the Hokies on a great season. Hopefully they can parlay this success into maintaining a consistent national-title-contending program.