athletic director

fbfan20

[ QUOTE ]

we have given reasons it cant be done, you just wont accept any.

[/ QUOTE ]

it can be done..EASILY...do you realize how much money the bluefield boosters pull in for football?? Like they couldn't pay for a 6 hour bus ride..Hell lets even get a charter

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

we have given reasons it cant be done, you just wont accept any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are stupid reasons. Like beaverbaseball said, the boosters have more than enough money to pay for one trip if they had to.

the simple fact is teams dont want to play us. its that easy. We can offer to go to places but the teams still refuse to play. And yes, money is an issue at times. Bluefield offered to meet Wayne neutrally located but they refused, HOWEVER!, they agreed to go to Lindside and take on James Monroe.

If it's not one thing, it's another. simple.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

the simple fact is teams dont want to play us. its that easy. We can offer to go to places but the teams still refuse to play. And yes, money is an issue at times. Bluefield offered to meet Wayne neutrally located but they refused, HOWEVER!, they agreed to go to Lindside and take on James Monroe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have we tried Morgantown, University, Capital, Huntington?

ive heard that we tried Capital but they had a full schedule. As far as Huntington, they suck so I dont think we would bother scheduling them. The other two I dont believe.

you try in your class first. When a top team in your class refuses to play you, then why would a mediocre team from another class try?

It's not only our money issues but theirs...if they do so happen to venture out and possibly even think of probably considering the thought of pondering to play Bluefield. Most of the time they try to set up neutral sites and when it involves both teams traveling, we are good, but they arent.

Guest JJBrickface

Huntington is a triple A school, it doesn't matter if they suck or not. If you can get a tenth game then you might as well do it.

AAA or not, they suck. Princeton beat them considerably. We shut out Princeton. Huntingtons best player, their only player worth ever ever talking about, is considering transfering so why even bother? Id rather schedule Beckley and beat them than waste 2.5 hours in going to Huntington for a blowout.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

AAA or not, they suck. Princeton beat them considerably. We shut out Princeton. Huntingtons best player, their only player worth ever ever talking about, is considering transfering so why even bother? Id rather schedule Beckley and beat them than waste 2.5 hours in going to Huntington for a blowout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets just play 9 games then.

im not trying to encourage a 9 game season at all. I would love for us to play 10 games. As of right now, I believe we only have 7 games lined up for next year. We were strongly leaning on Wayne to play but they backed out. We are waiting for a reply from Wheeling Central last I know. Should be an interesting year.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have we tried Morgantown, University, Capital, Huntington?

[/ QUOTE ]

msac tams only get 2 games out of conference i believe, maybe 1 im not sure... they are not going to take away rivalry games with teams not in the msac to play bluefield. bluefield used to play woodrow but they dont anymore because they are now in the msac...

Guest JJBrickface

Yeah I was wondering why we didn't play Woodrow anymore. We should go to the WVSSAC and have them intervene. I know a lot of WV schools schedule out of state opponents. A school should try to schedule another WV school before going out of state.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

well from what i understand the MSAC seems to be done, and after this years football season it will be done away with...

• 3 months later...