Best Players in SW district

abingdonfan

well we can see from last year that the player of the year isnt really the best player but the best team so whoever wins the district will have the automatic POY. Last year freeman from marion broke state scoring records scored over 100 points in a single season and didnt even get first team all state much POY. I think thats rediculus personaly...

The coaches whose teams make the regional tournament nominate and vote on the all regional team. If your team didn't make regionals, that puts you at a disadvantage...you have to hope that the coach of the team in your district that did make it nominates you...most of the time, they nominate their own players first.

thats funny...we made it to regionals...just got knocked out first round...so my coach was in it...he just said that i wasnt in it solely on the fact that we didnt win district or the tournament

[ QUOTE ]

thats funny...we made it to regionals...just got knocked out first round...so my coach was in it...he just said that i wasnt in it solely on the fact that we didnt win district or the tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me on this, I know how it works...if your coach was at the meeting, then he has to nominate you and plead your case to the other coaches present and convince them to vote for you...since coaches aren't allowed to vote for their own players...only nominate their own players.

i can tell you exactly why...the rest of the region thinks that SWD is garbage in every sport but football...we arent a soccer district so they think there arent enough worthy players of 1st team...

no he is talking about all-distict 1st teamers. Tazewell only had 4 and we swept the district and tournament. I dont know about the Highlands district but I know that the SWD Player of the Year pick was the right choice not just because Tazewell won district. TJ led the region in scoring and deserved it. I also believe that Neil deserved the Highlands PoY honor as well. I think he was second in the region to TJ in scoring. But I agree that the All-Region/State team system is flawed, especially for players in this area. I know that we are not the best players, but we are becoming better each and every year. I mean, Graham won the SWD for so many years and then now Tazewell and Carroll have pulled even with them, if not ahead. And Richlands is becoming better. Now with Abingdon and Marion in the SWD, I only see this area improving in the future.

yes the addition of Abingdon and Marion helps out leaps and bounds...and then like you said with Richlands giving teams games day in and day out they add to the competitiveness (i dont know if thats a word or not haha) to the district...next step is to get a good run at the state title and at least make a run to the final four for a team from this area...that would finally put us on the map

actually the all region team comes from the 1st team all district from all three districts and now it is two districts. We rank them at the district meeting and then we bring that to the region meeting and talk about it but we mainly rotate from one district to the next after we have the top three spots. all the all star selection process in all sports have there flaws. also you can vote for your own player, or at least in the SWD you can.