Abingdon - Richlands

tbgfan

It was a great game. As you can see Richlands had the lead the majority of the first 2/3 of the game. When Abingdon tied it up with around 3:00 left in the 3rd, they went to 4 corners and Richlands was content in letting them stand there for 2:45 and scoring to take the lead with .15s left. Somewhat of the same strategy in the 4th, but Richlands applied a little pressure, but every time they stepped up to half court a pass to high-post and score.

[ QUOTE ]

I wasnt there but it looks to me like once again, depth hurt us. I dont see Ricky Lawrences name on the list of scorers. Did he play? Ever since he got in that car crash and missed a couple games he has lost his starting spot and McGhee dosnt play him anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did play some. Heard the announcers calling his name.

[ QUOTE ]

It was a great game. As you can see Richlands had the lead the majority of the first 2/3 of the game. When Abingdon tied it up with around 3:00 left in the 3rd, they went to 4 corners and Richlands was content in letting them stand there for 2:45 and scoring to take the lead with .15s left. Somewhat of the same strategy in the 4th, but Richlands applied a little pressure, but every time they stepped up to half court a pass to high-post and score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't remember who it was guarding Mulkey in the 1st qtr when he got his 17 points, but Abingdon put Mosley on him to defend and it definitely made a difference in Mulkey's

scoring. Scored just 11 more points the rest of the game.

I was a little suprised the Falcons went to the 4 corners with around 2:35 in the 3rd. It paid off, they went into the 4th up by 2 points instead of tied.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I wasnt there but it looks to me like once again, depth hurt us. I dont see Ricky Lawrences name on the list of scorers. Did he play? Ever since he got in that car crash and missed a couple games he has lost his starting spot and McGhee dosnt play him anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did play some. Heard the announcers calling his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked to him today and he said he never had an opp. to score. He said there twords the end Abingdon would just hold the ball for minutes at a time and everyone would jsut stand there.

[ QUOTE ]

Mosley was on Mulkey in the first quarter, actually most of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based my statement on what the announcers said, stating they were going to have to put someone on Mulkey to keep him from scoring 3 pointers. Pretty sure it was after first qtr and at the beginning of 2nd when they said Mosley started to guard him. Whatever, it was a good game for both!!