Tazewell Soccer

DFizunk32

[ QUOTE ]

Raz is raw...number 11

[/ QUOTE ]

raw is war.

Hahaha, remember when WWF used to have that as their monday night event?

DFizunk32, welcome to the swvasports.com forums. Since you are 3 posts in, I'm assuming that you haven't had the chance to familiarize yourself with the fact that we have, or at least try to have meaningful conversation on this forum. Please, when you post again, make it something that is substantive.

i would hate it if Rasnick doesnt play...he is a very electrifying (sp?) player to watch play...he wreaks havoc on every defense he comes against...i know from experience...you think you know how to contain him and keep him in check and then he either hits a player with the perfect long ball or pulls something unexpected out...i would hate to see him sit out this year...

[ QUOTE ]

last year during practice he should us his letter from Ucla

I highly doubt he doesn't play

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? For soccer? UCLA has probabley the best college soccer program in the nation and I doubt they're recruiting somebody all across the country.

[ QUOTE ]

Is he involved in travel soccer or olympic development programs? If not, I can guarantee you he isn't being recruited by UCLA.

[/ QUOTE ]

UCLA...University of Concord Located in Athens

I agree if you do not have ODP or a very good travel system then you will 99% not going to a D1 school. However I believe that Rasnick could be that 1%. Keep up the good work and good luck this season.

Anyone can go to a D1 school but you have to have good grades to do so. (Most will not for their athletic ability) If Nathan Belcher had to walk on at william and mary then I dought many SWD players will get many chances at D1.

I did get a letter from UCLA. University of California, Los Angeles. Not Concord. But i haven't played ODP or travel in 2 years. I was going to play with the team out of abingdon the past 2 falls, but it's pretty hard playing football on friday night and soccer saturday morning.

I'm pretty sure I don't suck and you being from carroll you should know that. I am not odp or travel league and I DID have a chance to go to a D1 school and trust me its not my grades. I just don't get on here and tell everyone how good I am cause I believe about doing my talking on my field not on a website.

I never said one thing about you sucking. I said that 99% of SWD players will not play D1. I believe in proving everything on the field also. I think you are a good goalie but even some of the best goalies that have come through here could not play D1. Just ask Matt Black or John Lancaster. I believe when you are talking about great keepers from the SWD you do not have to go any further then these two keepers.

No doubt they are great and dont quote me but I am positive that Matt Black is playing D1. You say that only 99% play D1 and I'm saying that is not completely true. I'm obviously not the best player on the team and I had a chance and theres no doubt in my mind that we have several others that could

The problem is not the ability level, the problem is that we do not have any good travel teams around here unless we go to the Roanoke area. To play at a big D1 school you have to be in ODP and Travel. A player from SW Virginia is usually at a disadvantage unless he plays ODP or travel. I believe that we have some players that have played for Carroll that could have played D1 but they did not play travel and ODP and did not start the recruiting process early enough.