Tazewell Soccer

DFizunk32

[ QUOTE ]

No doubt they are great and dont quote me but I am positive that Matt Black is playing D1.

[/ QUOTE ]

i might be wrong but i think he was going to penn state, no soccer.

[ QUOTE ]

You say that only 99% play D1 and I'm saying that is not completely true. I'm obviously not the best player on the team and I had a chance

[/ QUOTE ]

to play or just go to school? and where was that?

[ QUOTE ]

and theres no doubt in my mind that we have several others that could

[/ QUOTE ]

youre being unrealistic. if you had a bunch of d-1 quality players, you would go far in states. blacksburg, who won the state final convincingly (4-0), will probably send well under half of their roster to division 1 schools. abingdon, who defeated tazewell by 8 and 4 goals last year, respectively, has sent 0 (zero) players to d-1 soccer programs ever.

its harder than you think. just my fact-based opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

youre being unrealistic. if you had a bunch of d-1 quality players, you would go far in states. blacksburg, who won the state final convincingly (4-0), will probably send well under half of their roster to division 1 schools. abingdon, who defeated tazewell by 8 and 4 goals last year, respectively, has sent 0 (zero) players to d-1 soccer programs ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make sure the facts are correct here about our program:

1) We won the state final 2-0 over Cave Spring

2) Our statering team last year sent or are sending the following players to Division I schools:

Michael Gallimore - starts at UNC-Wilmington

Albert Alwang - starts at UNC-Wilmington

Michael Breske - signed with Virginia Tech

Jeremy Williams - signed with Virginia Tech

Tim Becker - is going to either William and Mary or VT

Matt Becker - is going to either William and Mary or VT

Stephen Brewster - walking on at VCU

Alistair Moore - junior being recruited by several D1 schools.

That is almost our whole starting line-up. Can players from the SWD play D1? Sure they can, but they have to be seen outside of high school ball. Did the guy from tazewell receive a letter from UCLA? He may have but if you write ANY D1 school they will send you the form letter. I have seen players that could not even play at the D3 level but they will receive "letters" from D1 schools. So how did UCLA see him play? I know for a fact from recruiting at the college level (I used to coach at Roanoke College), that UCLA attends the Raleigh Shootout, Nike Friendlies in FL, and the Disney Showcase. I highly doubt one of their assistant coaches was attending the annual Graham-Tazewell battle.

thank you blacksburgsoccer for backing up what I have been trying to get across to some people. and to Keeper1, there has been plenty of players that could have played but once again i will tell you they did not want to play travel and ODP. That is why I said 99% (it might not be that high) will never play D1, most players from around this area or should I say west of Radford does not understand what it takes to get to the next level. I am not saying they can not do it.

[ QUOTE ]

Most D1 schools already have "invited" walk ons. That means these players have a roster spot for them. It is not like D1 schools have open tryouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Invited" walk-ons don't necessarily have a roster spot...they are invited to tryout for the team in an attempt to EARN a roster spot while paying their own way for college.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Most D1 schools already have "invited" walk ons. That means these players have a roster spot for them. It is not like D1 schools have open tryouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Invited" walk-ons don't necessarily have a roster spot...they are invited to tryout for the team in an attempt to EARN a roster spot while paying their own way for college.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are confused about being an invited walk-on or invited to ryout. A invited walkon is a roster spot with no money. Invited to tryout is trying to make the team.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not in ODP and I had a chance to go to a d1 school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right. Going D1 in soccer is harder than people think. I have statedb before you have to be in a good travel program and/or ODP. The letter that TJ received probabley didnt mean much.

poskas shouldnt count his eggs before they hatch because the duck ant even layin on em she's over at the mayflower gettin her some crabs to eat before they go out of season and she wont have any thing 2 feed em.

I practice everyday. Not once have I talked crap to my team or many others. I might have lost my temper and for that I apologize (BBoi, Carrolfan, James cclb.

Quit talkin crap about me. I work hard for my position and always have. I beleive that whatever I put into it is what I get out of it. If he's so amazing then how come no one else in tazewell knows who he is.