slighty ot - Reg. B team leaves VHSL ...

VHSLhelper

this makes my stomach turn

"We're not giving our kids any experience in those sports," she said. "They're not getting any experience winning."

so it's all about winning? having already watered down the football championships, now we've watered down the basketball championships with divisions in single A. AA is sure to be next. besides the vhsl's love for money, it's all a product of making sure little johnny and susie get a trophy. losing is not the end of the world. to me it should only be a motivational tool to make you want to work even harder to get better!

If a few more smaller schools do this then maybe the VHSL will finally realize there's a problem with their system...it's broke and it needs fixin'...it can't handle anymore hammering and the there's not much left to duct tape...

i agree that the entire system needs an overhaul. but in this particular case...the records of the teams they showed in the article were bad, but they all won at least a couple games. the attitude of "if i can't win all the time i'll just take my ball and go somewhere else" is just another unpleasant reminder of the world we live in. how's that song go? it was a different life when we were boys and girls.