Bluefield/Pikeview, round 5

GetMoney55

Bluefield will take on Pikeview for the 5th time tonight in the sectional title game. It will be tough for Bluefield who will be without two starters in Shaun Brooks and Turquan Casey. If Bluefield can defend well and limit Pikeview on the three ball, they will win. I say Beavers by 10.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

From what i have gathered from my friend in monroe county this morning at breakfast, PV and JM both played horrible in that matchup. he said PV scored most of their points in the paint, which is odd for PV.

Hopefully if bluefield can shoot the ball they will have a chance to win. I say there is a good chance the Ponder brothers just take over tonight...

This is also kinda new territory, whenever has a team played another 5 times in a season...

And what is the diagnosis on Casey???

Guest BEAVERTAIL

My dad said something to me aboiut he blew out his knee...

i dont know how true that is, because turquan did go down with a knee injury against p-town, but re-entered...

But my dad is good friends with one of the coaches so it may have some validity, but i didnt check his source...

[ QUOTE ]

Turquan got suspended for having his cell phone and then argued with the teacher or whoever and refused to give them his phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

He must be an upstanding young man. I mean being ejected from games, getting suspended for talking back to teachers, etc. Now I see why he was kicked off the football team for good following the Graham game.

[ QUOTE ]

turquan was kicked off the football team before the graham game

[/ QUOTE ]

He was kicked off back during the summer, but allowed back on the team before the season started. I thought that he he dressed for the Graham game and play some as a defensive back; he wore #3. Although, maybe I'm confusing the Graham game with the scrimmages the previous week.

good game after the first quarter. Pikeview straight dominated as Bluefield's Ponder brothers were the only two who seemed like they wanted to play. Deron Reed came off the bench and did great though and really sparked things with 13 points and some nice passing. Ansel ended up with 23, Craig had 20 but Ansel seemed to have about 35. He straight dominated tonight. At least 10 boards and 5 blocks, his night was highlighted as he drove right in on a guy and everyone cleared out for a dunk. Pretty nasty. For a while, Craig and Ansel accounted for all of the points other than a Deron three ball.

Turq didnt play tonight because of being suspended tuesday and not attending practice. I think tonight truly showed that Deron should be seeing more time on the floor. Ive been waiting for it all year because he is a much better shooter than Turq is and yet all we seem to do is let Turq isolate and have him get set for shots that he cant make. Warren Furrow got in tonight and was welcomed with a well deserved standing o.

Summers won by 16 I believe over Independence. They actually had someone else do well as one player other than Gunnoe scored 25. If Bluefield plays like they did in the final 2 quarters tonight next Thursday, they'll be just fine.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I say there is a good chance the Ponder brothers just take over tonight...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, looks like I was right for once lol...A combined 45 points by both of them and they def kept the beavers in the game. They had all but 3 of the beavers points in the first half...

Id say these two will continue to dominate as far as this team goes...

after seeing Deron light it up last night, even when Turq is able to play in the regional game, I dont want him out there. With Craig and Ansel dominating and having Deron drain some shots to go along with the defense we played in the second half last night, we should be fine.

im with you though Rocks. That game last year against Magnolia was just terrible.

Yes it was. But you have no idea. My Junior year we lost in the state title game, and one point in that game we were up by like 8 points or something like that

I honestly don't know if I can watch anymore Bluefield basketball games upstate ever again...

Actually I take that back, if we win our first game upstate, I'll probly go to the 2nd gamegrin.gif

oh i remember that state title game. We had the lead then changed everything us. Lost by 4 right? I remember that one dude from Ravenswood balled on us though. They have a kid that started as a freshman on that team that is pretty good now as a junior. Most people I know around the state are saying he's the top player in AA.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I talked to Marcus Patterson a little while ago and he said the game may be on Thursday night insted of Friday night. Don't know why that would be, but we'll find out

[/ QUOTE ]

All regional games in each class are played on the same night; it's been that way for years. The dates and sites of regional games are set months in advance. The SSAC feels this is the fairest way, so not to give an advantage to teams in allowing them to scout potential state tournament opponents.

AAA: Tuesday, March 4

A: Wednesday, March 5

AA: Thursday, March 6