James Monroe QB situation

MavsRock

[ QUOTE ]

I just received this:

NEWS FLASH 2009! Princeton replaces Wayne on the James Monroe schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don Jackson's the name, scheduling cupcakes is the game...

[ QUOTE ]

I just received this:

NEWS FLASH 2009! Princeton replaces Wayne on the James Monroe schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that is NOT TRUE!mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Because Princeton didn't want to play...tired of losing to Graham EVERY TIME they played for the last 20 years...go ask Coach Spadero if you don't believe me...

2004...Graham 38 Princeton 7

1997...Graham 31 Princeton 10

1996...Graham 27 Princeton 0

1991...Graham 51 Princeton 0

1990...Graham 20 Princeton 12

1989...Graham 34 Princeton 0

1988...Graham 29 Princeton 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are some pretty nasty whippin's. BTW, what defensive set does Graham use most of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looke like Graham likes cupcakes too....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Because Princeton didn't want to play...tired of losing to Graham EVERY TIME they played for the last 20 years...go ask Coach Spadero if you don't believe me...

2004...Graham 38 Princeton 7

1997...Graham 31 Princeton 10

1996...Graham 27 Princeton 0

1991...Graham 51 Princeton 0

1990...Graham 20 Princeton 12

1989...Graham 34 Princeton 0

1988...Graham 29 Princeton 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are some pretty nasty whippin's. BTW, what defensive set does Graham use most of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looke like Graham likes cupcakes too....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not neccesarily. The series actually started in '86 when the old SWD (11 teams) split. Graham needed five new opponents, Princeton was available and that series ran for six years. Princeton won the first two meetings in '86 (13-0) & '87 (7-3), so they agreed to continue the series with Graham until Graham planted four straight butt whippings on them. Then in '96, Graham once again found themselves needing a game when Lee opted not to continue the series with Graham. Princeton, who had a few athletes in the pipeline at the time, agreed to play Graham for a two game series. And despite the fact that Princeton had probably one of the best players in school history on that team (I think his name was Gilliard), they once again wore a couple of butt whippings. In 2004, both teams needed one game...Graham needed one because GW-Danville found another opponent to replace Graham on their schedule and Princeton needed one to replace James Monroe whom they had beaten the previous season 25-14...and both had the same open date. Princeton was reluctant to schedule Graham and looked everywhere for another opponent. Then in August, with all other options exhausted, Princeton agreed to play one game against Graham to fill the void. Same story, different season...Princeton got thumped by Graham again.

Graham NEVER dropped a team from their schedule to add Princeton...