Tournament seeds are set for SW district tourney. (Almost)

carrollfan

1st seed = Abingdon 9-0-1

2nd seed = Marion 6-3

3rd seed = Graham 5-4-1

4th seed = Carroll 4-5-1

5th seed = Richlands 1-6-2

6th seed = Tazewell 1-8-1

Abingdon and Marion has a first round bye

Graham vs Tazewell @ East River on Tuesday

Carroll vs Richlands @ Carroll on Tuesday

Thursday and Friday will be at Abingdon.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What about Grundy? you left us out!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhh! Next year is our year.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Year for what? Winning the SWD? Wake up Alice!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. hey region4fan i was looking on the blacksburg site and roanoke times to see if i could find any information on the region IV bracket for the women's varsity tourney. i was wondering if you had received the information for it yet? i know carrollfan is supposed to put it up later tonight but i wanted to ask and see. it looks like hidden valley is going to just dominate it. i can't believe their goals for (80) and goals against (4) differential in the 13 regular season games they played. that's insane.

The Hidden Valley girls will easily roll through the regionals tournament. They are better than when they won the state title two yesrs ago. Blacksburg gave thme the most trouble with HV winning 1-0. There is NO ONE in the SWD or Piedmont within 5 goals of Hidden Valley. I mean Graham is one of the top SWD teams and lost to the #5 seed (Christiansburg).

[ QUOTE ]

The Hidden Valley girls will easily roll through the regionals tournament. They are better than when they won the state title two yesrs ago. Blacksburg gave thme the most trouble with HV winning 1-0. There is NO ONE in the SWD or Piedmont within 5 goals of Hidden Valley. I mean Graham is one of the top SWD teams and lost to the #5 seed (Christiansburg).

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to wholeheartedly agree. SWD is edgingly getting closer and closer to being competitive with the river ridge, though, since many of the younger programs are starting to get club teams together to travel and play in tennesse, north carolina, and the rest of virginia. i look forward to watching the hidden valley team play for the first time when i see them up here at radford for states. let me know when ya'll put up a region IV bracket for the girls b/c im curious to see how it's going to look.