Blacksburg is now #1 in USA

region4fan

amazing how things change overnight. i was just looking at it yesterday and impressed with them being ranked #2...but wow #1. expect the scouts to be lining up at states even more than ever this year at radford university for the state competition

Well we have to make it Radford first. Second, I do not know how many scouts will be there. Most of our starters are seniors and already committed to colleges. Two to VT, two to William and Mary, one to VCU, one to St John's College in MN. We do have one junior who alot of division I schools are looking at.

It is a great honor to ranked #1 but we are just trying to go game by game and improve with each game. We have already qualified for regionals and look forward to seeing some other teams besides the River Ridge ones.

[ QUOTE ]

Well we have to make it Radford first. Second, I do not know how many scouts will be there. Most of our starters are seniors and already committed to colleges. Two to VT, two to William and Mary, one to VCU, one to St John's College in MN. We do have one junior who alot of division I schools are looking at.

It is a great honor to ranked #1 but we are just trying to go game by game and improve with each game. We have already qualified for regionals and look forward to seeing some other teams besides the River Ridge ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best of luck to Blacksburg the rest of the year. I've always enjoyed watching Bruins soccer in Radford for the last few years in the state tourney. The Jubilee is a great fan attraction for high school sports enthusiast. You get to see the AA & A baseball, softball, soccer, and some of the tennis championships all held at Radford University. Makes for a great Friday and Saturday outdoors during the first weekend in June watching quality VHSL sports.

I was trying to think the other day if students at Virginia Tech could field a team capable of beating Blacksburg High School. Obviously the rules would include no current varsity or club players. With those rules, we may have a difficult time. It would be fun though, and obviously not a possibility in the least.

[ QUOTE ]

I was trying to think the other day if students at Virginia Tech could field a team capable of beating Blacksburg High School. Obviously the rules would include no current varsity or club players. With those rules, we may have a difficult time. It would be fun though, and obviously not a possibility in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blacksburg would beat them with their team work.

Actually, it would take "7" Chuck Norris's. You would have to forfeit with only one Chuck Norris taking the field. A minimum of 7 players is required to take the field! Also, 11 Chuck Norris's would just be unfair!