All-District team

mwhisman

[ QUOTE ]

I have them and will try to post them within the week. POY is Neil Henry and coach of the year goes to the coach from Abingdon. the rest I will post later

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the keeper from Martinsville won POY in the Piedmont and Tim Becker won POY in the RRD. Who will win for regional POY? Just asking your opinion....

[ QUOTE ]

Becker more than likely...if you ask me it should be the whole Blacksburg team that wins POY

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I am bias towards my own player but I think Tim Becker should win it without question. He currently has 30 goals and 12 assists with 2 more games (I hope) before voting. It is not so much of how many goals but who they have come against. We have played one of the toughest schedules in the state. We are currently 19-0 and here is some of the teams we have played:

- beat Radford 5-0, defending Group A Champion, only 1 loss this season (to us)

- beat Osbourn 4-0, Group AAA Cedar Run District champions, just qualified for the Group AAA State Tournament

- beat Hidden Valley 3 times, only losses they have this year

- defeated Cave Spring twice

- beat Jefferson Forest 4-2, JF has 2 losses this season

- beat Turner Ashby twice 5-1, 8-0, TA won their district and plays in the region III semifinals tonight.

Tim has been a 4 year starter with 2 state titles and 1 runner-up. Last year he was a NSCAA All-South selection. He is the career goal scorer in Blacksburg Soccer History. Has signed with William and Mary. Was a Scholar All-American. Has scored a goal in all 9 state tournament games he has played in.

I know I am bias but I think he deserves it.

with that resume i have to agree. i guess with him signing with william and mary instead of somewhere like UVA in our state that is known for producing some MLS caliber players he's doing what many of us should have done and is sign with a school he can play for and also get a great degree at. i mean william and mary is a great school and once he finishes his 4 years there he's going to easily get a job in whatever profession he chooses to pursue with it.