Richlands and Abingdon baseball

Congratulations to the Blues for winning the SWD Tournament against the Abingdon Falcons - 3 to 2 in the bottom of the eighth. Richlands had great pitching from Eric Stiltner and then Jordy Barnett came on (I believe in the 4th) and closed it out for the Blues. Justin Malone, the starter, did a superb job for the Falcons. Best wishes as the regional playoffs begin Tuesday with both teams playing at home. Heard the score for the Carroll County-Tazewell game was 2 to 1 with Carroll County winning. Congratulations to the Cavaliers and the Dawgs for their play in the tournament. Not sure if their season is over or they go on to regionals also.

Richlands, Abingdon, Carroll County, and Tazewell all go on to regionals. Best of luck to all four teams. I know they will represent the district very well. I am hopeful they will make some noise in the regionals.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands, Abingdon, Carroll County, and Tazewell all go on to regionals. Best of luck to all four teams. I know they will represent the district very well. I am hopeful they will make some noise in the regionals.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Bristol paper, Richlands will host either Tazewell or Magna Vista and Abingdon will play Salem. Correction on earlier post (probably from talking, or not being able to see the scoreboard well and caught up in the excitement) the game between Abingdon and Richlands ended in regulation and not extra innings. As the Bristol and Bluefield papers stated, it was fitting that Jordy drew the bases loaded walk which brought in the game winning run. It has certainly been an emotional two days for the team and Jordy has shown what a remarkable young man he is, playing in honor of his Dad. We honor you Jordy, your Dad, Greg Burton and the rest of the Blues. Go Blues!!