Bradshaw cleared by NFL - no discipline for jail term.

Lance

I don't know what the BHC is trying to prove by making a big deal out of this...Bradshaw's not talking, His lawyers are not talking, the Judge isn't talking...but the BHC can't stop talking about it...no less than 3 front page articles about AB in 2 days. The kids been clean for 2 years and has done nothing wrong since joining the NFL...where he has done nothing but work his butt off and been nothing short of a class act...yet, for some reason instead of trying to focus on the good, there are a few who keep trying to hang him out to dry over things that happened when he was still a kid...why?

Give the guy some credit for what he's done...the positive things...and let the past go. I personally hope that AB and his crew stay silent, as anything they say will be twisted around by these select few idiots and blown up in to some sort of drama.

July 31, 2008

Bradshaw not going to be fined by league

Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw will not be fined or suspended by the league for the incident that landed him in jail last month and will land him in jail again after the season.

A league source confirmed what was reported a little while ago on the NFL Network, that the league has determined that whatever it was that Bradshaw did to violate his probation, it occurred prior to the start of his NFL career. As a result, it is not subject to punishment under the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

That lends a little more credence to the story floated by several sources familiar with the situation that the incident was actually the one in 2006 when he was at Marshall and stole a PlayStation from someone in his dorm. He received two years probation for that, but those sources say he was also supposed to receive 30 (or 60) days in jail because his conviction was a violation of a previous probation – one that occurred when he was a juvenile.

Apparently, according to those sources, during the Giants’ Super Bowl run when the Bradshaw story was retold, someone realized the oversight and Bradshaw’s sentence was handed down. So why didn’t they all just say that, rather than seal the documents and huddle under the cone of silence while Bradshaw was hung out to dry in front of a public that simply believed he was a bad kid who screwed up again? Perhaps because the authorities down in Virginia didn’t want anyone to know they screwed up.

Of course, all of that is unconfirmed. The Bristol (Va.) Herald-Courier is still suing to have Bradshaw’s records unsealed, and a decision in that case could come as early as today.

BHC lost it's bid to have Bradshaw's file unsealed...maybe they will shut up now:

Judge Rules To Not Open Juvenile Record Of NFL Star

By Michael Owens

Reporter / Bristol Herald Courier

Published: August 2, 2008

The juvenile court history of New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw will remain sealed from public scrutiny, a circuit court judge ruled Friday afternoon.

Also to remain under wraps is the court order that recently landed Bradshaw, 22, of Bluefield, Va., in jail for 28 days on an undisclosed probation violation stemming from his juvenile past.

“I think some things are intended to remain mysteries. This may be one of them,” Giles County Circuit Court Judge Colin Gibb ruled in a teleconference with the Bristol Herald Courier, the Virginia Attorney General’s Office and Bradshaw’s attorney. The initial hearing was held Wednesday in Pearisburg, Va.

Gibb’s ruling defeats the Herald Courier’s assertion that both Bradshaw’s file and the sentencing order fall under Virginia statutes that opens some juvenile felony cases to public scrutiny. The statutes allow public access to felony cases involving minors 14 or older.

Bradshaw left the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon on July 13 after serving the initial portion of a sentence sandwiched around the upcoming NFL season. He will return to jail to finish his sentence when the football season ends next year, according to a corrections officer at the jail.

The newspaper argued that Tazewell County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judge Henry A. Berringer and Court Clerk Connie Cheryl Roberts erred by sealing the files.

But Gibb, appointed from outside the region to hear the case, noted that Bradshaw’s juvenile history lacked the felony conviction that would keep the file open. This could mean that Bradshaw was charged as a minor with either a felony or misdemeanor crime and received a suspended sentence instead of a guilty verdict and time in juvenile detention. It could also mean that he was younger than 14 years old when charged.

The judicial ruling comes the night after the NFL announced it had cleared Bradshaw’s probation violation as a breach of the league’s personal-conduct policy.

The “conduct occurred prior to his NFL career. However, his prior history would be taken into account if there are any further incidents,” NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello confirmed by e-mail Thursday.

Lance, I'm with you. This article (Aug. 2) is infuriating. This bastard writer is full of speculation while failing to provide fact.

[ QUOTE ]

This could mean that Bradshaw was charged as a minor with either a felony or misdemeanor crime and received a suspended sentence instead of a guilty verdict and time in juvenile detention. It could also mean that he was younger than 14 years old when charged.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of this is speculation without any factual basis. Is this an opinion column or is this douche bag trying to report something? Complete lack of professionalism...

I don't know why...i guess either just jealousy, stupidity, or just trying to make a stink to make a name for himself...who knows...but it's lame.

I keep up with the Giants training camp report daily and they mention Bradshaw daily as having a great practice...nothing but positive reports out of camp for AB...they say he showed up in good shape and ready to roll and has been impressive so far.

My point, again...he has been and continues to work his butt off to make a name for himself...you have to give the kid credit for that.

[ QUOTE ]

i've heard that he has been in trouble again since joining the Giants. You guys don't really think that this kid can stay out of trouble do ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've heard wrong...