How much more proof does there need to be in Blacksburg?

The majority of people know that Stinespring is a horrible offensive coordinator, that he cannot and has not effectively used the weapons he has been given at Tech over the years. Now much clearer proof is coming to light. Eddie Royal has been very impressive during Denver workouts and camps since being drafted. Now I hear today that Josh Morgan is seriously turning heads at San Fran camp. Both were non-factors offensively in the majority of games they played at Tech. And people actually expect the top offensive players, specifically receivers, to want to play at Tech under an underachieving offensive coordinator. The question is how much longer does Beamer allow Stinespring to unachieve and waste talent? Will he wait so long that it begins to seriously affect recruiting efforts?

It might take a few losing seasons or a lot of alumni to stop pouring money in to the program and demand a change of the OC.

Whatever it takes I wish it would happen soon before Stiney kills the VT program. Thankfully, we have Bud!

[ QUOTE ]

And tonight I heard that Clowney went off for the Jets in a preseason game. That was one heck of a wide receiving corp in B'burg last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clowney is in his second year in the NFL and I don't think he has seen action in a regular season game yet.

Stiney can't be blamed for everything IMO. I know G and others will disagree with me on this, but the offensive line has been worse then sh1t and if they couldn't start the plays off the right way and give the QB just a second or two more just to have a chance to make a play, then what plays are in the book that have a chance to be successful without a scrambling QB that runs a 3.15 40 time to escape the constant barrage of defensive linemen blowing past your o-line????? The O-line couldn't stop a team a paraplegics coming after the QB.

Tech's O-line was snake bite by injuries and poor recruiting by the staff for a few years and it showed horribly. Their poor play killed the entire offense for a few seasons. You will see the line better this season. It's a shame the Hokies won't have any of those receivers to throw to.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, my bad I thought Clowney came out with the rest of those guys. Somebody on one of the Tech message boards posted that he had 4 catches for 163 yards last night is why I mentioned him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem. Just here to help. lol

[ QUOTE ]

the proof is there!!!!! top qb in state lase tear xavier lee i think to flordia st. taji boyd next year to geeez wheez west virginia. and kevin newsome to michigan. pretty good proof

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin Newsome is rumored to be waivering on his commitment to Michigan because of Richie Rich. E.J. Manual went to F$U from the state of Virginia not Lee. He and Boyd didn't want to go to a school (ie VT) where they didn't have a chance to play right away because of some young guy that is already there.....what was his name......oh yeah, Tyrod Taylor!! One of the top five players in the country two years ago. And lets not forget about Ryan Williams last year also from the state of Virginia. Not to mention the tailback from GW-Danville has committed to play for the Hokies and he is a top five player in Virginia this year!

You won't get the top players every year because they all want to be the main guy when they get to campus and not have to wait behind someone for possible two years.

Any more proof you want to offer up??

[ QUOTE ]

Kevin Newsome is rumored to be waivering on his commitment to Michigan because of Richie Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

He isn't "wavering" because of Rodriguez, he committed to Michigan five months after Rodriguez was hired. Newsome is getting pressure from his now former high school coach as well as some of his family to stay close to home and attend Tech. However, until Newsome states otherwise he's committed to Michigan.

he actually IS wavering because of rr, but not because of his system or personality. according to newsome, rr told him he was their "top guy," then the next week, accepted a verbal from texas qb shavodrick beaver. also, michigan is hosting top ca qb tate forcier, who, according to tate, has been told by rr that HE's their top guy.

hmm... actions speak louder than words. can't blame him for being a bit shaky. i look for him to stay committed to michigan, though, and for forcier to go elsewhere.