My annual out-on-a-limb Region III predictions

RichlandsAlum

The Division 4 level is easy. Even though they'll be adjusting to a new coach, Amherst is still Amherst. The Lancers remain the team to beat.

In Division 3, Brookville is a trendy choice. On paper, the Bees have the talent and experience necessary to make a lot of noise on the gridiron this season. My two cents is that they will actually tear through the Seminole District but stumble in the playoffs against.....

Robert E. Lee-Staunton. The Leemen are locked and loaded in terms of talent. And after finishing the last few years as also-rans, they've probably got the motivation that's necessary to make them gel as a unit. I've seen a lot of these kids first hand at the rec league level. They're the real deal, and they've got the potential to be consistently good for at least a few seasons.

So there you have it. For SW Virginia teams, the road to the state title games will run through Amherst and Staunton this year.