Pull the shirt off Tyrod...

hokie07

LOL Mark May just said Take the shirt off tonight! Now!

alot of it is glennon but there alot of questions everywhere!! even beamer didnt look to enthused. the defense cant stop the run. dbs are slow getting to ball. o line not pass blocking

The Defensive line, although athletic is smallish and gets manhandled too much. Everyone with a decent team can run on VT.

Down at the goalline in the first half when VT went for it the line couldn't even move ECU, Big #70 didn't even touch anyone on that play. They are big but by the time they get out of the stance they are looking back to see the tackle behind the line. I counted 7-8 times a RB had to dodge right after the handoff and managed to get back to the line.

There's a lot of talent there, but they are going to have to Jell very soon or it could get ugly this year.

I can't believe I went to this game. What a fool I am.

Thank you to Frank Beamer for not giving a crap about this year.

Thank you Stinespring for your terrific playcalling. (Did you see that option? Great call.)

Thank you Sean Glennon for sucking so terribly and uniting VT students against you.

Having had three hours stuck in Charlotte traffic 1) one hour getting five blocks from where I parked to I-77 and 2) two hours to get past a wreck near Lake Norman; I have had a lot of time to think. Since I have been home and had a chance to look at the stats, I have a few comments.

Glennon threw two ill-advised passes that were picked. The first was a touch behind Boone and the other was on a similar route that was triple covered.

Tackling was not a forte. Too many times ECU runners picked up three or four yards after initial contact. Plays that should have been stopped for no gain would go for four, and a three yard gain would go for eight. This needs to be improved.

I will say that our kicking game looked rather ordinary.

Now, I am going to give ECU their props. This is a talented team. 9 starters back on D, and 6 back on offense. They have a great offensive scheme that forces your corners and backers to play honest. They did a great job from late in the 2nd quarter on in controlling the ball. Check out time of possession. ECU will surprise folks this year.

Now as for the Charlotte experience, I have mixed emotions. I had no trouble getting to the stadium or finding parking like I expected. My seats were much worse than I would expected when compared to my season tickets (north goal line about 15-20 rows from the top.) There were tons of empty seats throughout the stadium. The post game traffic was ridiculous, but then again I am spoiled in that I can get from parking space in Blacksburg to the house in about an hour or so. It took me that long to go about 5 blocks today. If we play in Charlotte again, I have learned one lesson; get a room near the stadium and then I won't have to screw with the traffic after the game. Live and learn.