Beamer goes off on caller questioning his offense...

GMan

From Hokie Hotline Notes on TSL.com...

Jason from Arlington called in next, and his comments, along with Beamer's response, caused quite a reaction on the message boards last night.

Jason pointed out that Tech's offensive problems don't go back to the ECU game. They go back seven years. When are we going to start looking at who is leading the troops, rather than the troops themselves? Is it the Beamerball philosophy with offense coming second, or is it Coach Stinespring? It seems like something needs to change. We'll never achieve our goal of winning a National Championship with the offense of the past seven years. Foster does a great job, but he can't give us a top 10 defense every year. Jason hopes we haven't missed our opportunity of winning a National Championship. Beamer has brought Tech to a very good place, but to get to the next level they are going to have to get an offense to go with the defense or the ACC title is the best they'll ever get.

Beamer's response was as follows:

"I think you're all wrong. When you go back seven years, some of those teams have been some of our better scoring football teams. We haven't talked about inexperience for all seven years, that hasn't been the case. If you can't look at us and tell what's going on right now, then I'm not sure you know a lot about football. We're going to get better. When we win two ACC Championships and play for a third….I'll be the first to tell you that a couple of those offensive teams weren't as talented as we wanted. The talent on our offense hasn't been as good as the talent on our defense. We got behind in a couple of areas and that's just a fact. We put together two ACC Championships and played for a third one, and I think you're getting it out of whack when you start talking about…and we want to win a National Championship. And I can assure you that we've got good coaches, and the coaches and players are going to get better, and we're going to continue to win. And I think you're out of whack."

That dude was so in whack.

But at least Beamer has had it said to his face, I can stop dreaming about it now.

Tech is becoming a laughing stock with the entire mess. It's going to tear the program apart if something isn't done, which won't be anytime soon. Right now it's loyalty over ability...

Stuck pigs tend to squeal.............

Bullseye.

And I know, Groh's squealed for years, and years, and years. He likewise had an incident on his Tuesday call-in show. And he harshly brushed a reporter off Sunday who was asking a couple quick questions after Groh came out of the locker room.