The Hokie Pokey

wvuraiders

Congrats to you fans, have to be pleased. turned the tide on heels and have the hardest games over with on your schedule in the acc...the hokies won the games they needed to win and I give them props for that....I know you still have Miami left however, even with 1 loss to Miami in you division one ACC loss will get you in ACC championship game...Looked a Miami's schedule still got wake, you guys, heels, and gt...thus I will go ahead and crown you champs of your division.

Congrats to you fans, have to be pleased. turned the tide on heels and have the hardest games over with on your schedule in the acc...the hokies won the games they needed to win and I give them props for that....I know you still have Miami left however, even with 1 loss to Miami in you division one ACC loss will get you in ACC championship game...Looked a Miami's schedule still got wake, you guys, heels, and gt...thus I will go ahead and crown you champs of your division.

You do understand that it was only the second ACC game for VT and they still have six ACC games left? Well, if you don't count Duke or UVA this year, then it's four ACC games left. Mayland is playing better and Miami and Florida State still have Florida athletes and VT has to travel there. VT certainly has shown they are not going to blow anyone out and every game is going to be a dogfight. One personal foul here or a bounce of the ball there could change the whole complex of any game. Being a VT fan, I am happy they won even if it wasn't pretty. I also can't expect VT to come from behind every week and beat teams

I don't know where you think their toughest games are behind them and they will roll from here on. VT is a very young team and are still learning a lot every week.

As for WVU in Big East play, the only tough game they should have is South Florida.

Edited by bhs7695

You do understand that it was only the second ACC game for VT and they still have six ACC games left? Well, if you don't count Duke or UVA this year, then it's four ACC games left. Mayland is playing better and Miami and Florida State still have Florida athletes and VT has to travel there. VT certainly has shown they are not going to blow anyone out and every game is going to be a dogfight. One personal foul here or a bounce of the ball there could change the whole complex of any game. Being a VT fan, I am happy they won even if it wasn't pretty. I also can't expect VT to come from behind every week and beat teams

I don't know where you think their toughest games are behind them and they will roll from here on. VT is a very young team and are still learning a lot every week.

As for WVU in Big East play, the only tough game they should have is South Florida.

This article has nothing too do about wvu...our toughest game is our next game because we are struggling I was giving props for winning your toughest two divisional games...Miami is still not miami and fsu still is struggling...just my opinion.

Thanks for putting this in perspective. VT hasn't won jack squat yet. I still wouldn't even favor them to win the Coastal. Miami's far and away the best team I've seen on this side of the conference this season, and until they give me a reason to vote otherwise, the Hurricanes are my pick.

Boston College, Duke, and UVA are should-wins for VT. Make them 5-0. The three in doubt are FSU, Miami, and Maryland. Those three could really go any way. In addition, those 3 are right in a row. I'd lay a cool amount on saying VT won't win all of those three. I really think they can't be favored against Miami. But let's not count the chickens before they hatch.

Your forgetting Syracuse!

Thanks for putting this in perspective. VT hasn't won jack squat yet. I still wouldn't even favor them to win the Coastal. Miami's far and away the best team I've seen on this side of the conference this season, and until they give me a reason to vote otherwise, the Hurricanes are my pick.

Boston College, Duke, and UVA are should-wins for VT. Make them 5-0. The three in doubt are FSU, Miami, and Maryland. Those three could really go any way. In addition, those 3 are right in a row. I'd lay a cool amount on saying VT won't win all of those three. I really think they can't be favored against Miami. But let's not count the chickens before they hatch.

Maryland...in Blacksburg...on a Thursday night...got to give the Hokies the edge in that one...

The last time the Turtles came to the 'burg, it was on a Thursday night, Maryland had a better team, and Beamer's boys made terrapin stew out of them 55-6...UM went through three QBs in that game...

The games in Florida are going to be tough for VT...I'm expecting 0-2 on the Sunshine State swing...if the Hokies can pull out a victory, I like their chances of winning the Coastal...we will see what Miami's got the next two weeks vs. UNC & FSU...they have both at home but still have games vs. WF and @ GT...if they can survive that without a loss, they deserve to win the Coastal...

Maryland...in Blacksburg...on a Thursday night...got to give the Hokies the edge in that one...

The last time the Turtles came to the 'burg, it was on a Thursday night, Maryland had a better team, and Beamer's boys made terrapin stew out of them 55-6...UM went through three QBs in that game...

The games in Florida are going to be tough for VT...I'm expecting 0-2 on the Sunshine State swing...if the Hokies can pull out a victory, I like their chances of winning the Coastal...we will see what Miami's got the next two weeks vs. UNC & FSU...they have both at home but still have games vs. WF and @ GT...if they can survive that without a loss, they deserve to win the Coastal...

This is a pretty fair analysis, and I agree with it just about word for word.

This article has nothing too do about wvu...our toughest game is our next game because we are struggling I was giving props for winning your toughest two divisional games...Miami is still not miami and fsu still is struggling...just my opinion.

No it didn't, but a WVU fan started a thread about VT and their conference schedule and I thought I would throw a bit of my opinion out there about WVU's conference schedule. Since WVU hasn't played a conference game yet, I feel their toughest game will be South Florida in conference play from what I've seen so far of the Big East. No one else should beat them in conference and if USF slips up, then WVU is right in there.

I appreciate those kind words towards the Virginia Tech football team for this season coming from a WVU fan. It's rare the VT gets props on the gridiron for fans of one of their most heated rivals.

I also asked my magic 8-ball if WVU would win the Big East and it said: "You may rely on it!" When I asked it if Virginia Tech would win their division in the ACC, it said: "Cannot predict now."

Edited by bhs7695

What about B.C. in Chesnut Hill?? VT has lost three of the last four to that bunch and it's on the road this time.

I'm also no sold on VT having the edge against Maryland yet. Lot of football left to be played between now and then.

What about B.C. in Chesnut Hill?? VT has lost three of the last four to that bunch and it's on the road this time.

I'm also no sold on VT having the edge against Maryland yet. Lot of football left to be played between now and then.

I know VT hasn't always played its best against BC, but next to Wallace Wade Stadium, Chestnut Hill has by far the *weakest* home-field advantage of anywhere else in the ACC. Almost the exact antithesis of Lane Stadium. And I say this with the utmost confidence, having been to most of the stadiums in the ACC. If BC's behind at all, that crowd is DEAD.

I think VT should be over those road demons at BC.