An all-time low for Virginia? Groh for President!

Bluefield_Rules

what happened to all these "great" recruiting classes over the past 5 years they keep talking about...Duke doesn't even count as a win for most of the teams that beat them...more like a warm up or scrimmage lol.

I don't remember any great recruiting classes for either team over the last five years. UVA got a player here or there, but they had trouble getting players from their own state the last couple of years. I thik I heard that every Duke player had at least one other D1A 'ship offer.

Needless to say, Al Groh is sitting on an inferno right now.

nah they have been talking about how great the recruiting has been since Bradshaw went there...I doubt anyone in the off season expected them to get a beating from Duke.

Average/good recruiting classes + BAD player development + PATHETIC coaching = losses like this

We will go winless for the rest of this season, and it doesn't take a bunch of smarmy people to make me realize that. And for those of you who think that this is an "all-time low", your sense of history is a bit misinformed. A 28-game losing streak in the late 1950s. A record of 18-70 in the years leading up to George Welsh's hiring in 1982. 29 straight losses to Clemson until 1990. No, there have been worse times. But I wouldn't expect those highly unfamiliar with UVA football to realize this.

Don't take it personally, I'm just beyond pissed-off right now.

All I want is a team with the competitiveness level of the '89-'90 and '95-'96 squads. Then, I'll think about wanting national titles and the like.

Hard to believe it was just 4 years ago when #5 UVA went to Doak Campbell for a nationally-televised night game against #6 FSU. Heath Miller caught a 48-yard streak to start the game. And from that apex, that precise moment, UVA football started its precipitous decline.

Average/good recruiting classes + BAD player development + PATHETIC coaching = losses like this

We will go winless for the rest of this season, and it doesn't take a bunch of smarmy people to make me realize that. And for those of you who think that this is an "all-time low", your sense of history is a bit misinformed. A 28-game losing streak in the late 1950s. A record of 18-70 in the years leading up to George Welsh's hiring in 1982. 29 straight losses to Clemson until 1990. No, there have been worse times. But I wouldn't expect those highly unfamiliar with UVA football to realize this.

Don't take it personally, I'm just beyond pissed-off right now.

You're right. I don't any sense of Virginia football history because I don't care enough to have a sense, especially predating two decades before I was even born. That is why I posed a question about it being an all-time low, not a comment/statement. Regardless, Groh is a great coach and I hope he gets another extension b/c he's doing a fine job.

You're right. I don't any sense of Virginia football history because I don't care enough to have a sense, especially predating two decades before I was even born. That is why I posed a question about it being an all-time low, not a comment/statement. Regardless, Groh is a great coach and I hope he gets another extension b/c he's doing a fine job.

And Casteen's oblivious enough to give it to him.