Surprises & Disappointments

MavsRock

At this point in the season we've got a pretty good idea of who's going to have a good year and who won't just want to hear who everyone thinks exceeded expectations or ended up being way overrated.

For me, I'm realsurprised with Pocahontas Co. and Chapmanville 10 years ago both were about the sorriest excuses for a team in the state, now both are currently undeafeated and Pocahontas has yet to score under 40 points yet this year. Still alot of football left to be played, but still an impressive turnaround.

Don't know why I got my hopes up about either 1 of these teams, but Princeton and Greenbrier East just aren't getting it done. Princeton got off to a very promising start and have done jack squat lately and without a monumental performance from here-on out, will be listening to someone else in the playoffs-again. I thought that East had started to turn it around last year, but I think Coach Mike Michaels is now officially on the hot seat.

At this point in the season we've got a pretty good idea of who's going to have a good year and who won't just want to hear who everyone thinks exceeded expectations or ended up being way overrated.

For me, I'm realsurprised with Pocahontas Co. and Chapmanville 10 years ago both were about the sorriest excuses for a team in the state, now both are currently undeafeated and Pocahontas has yet to score under 40 points yet this year. Still alot of football left to be played, but still an impressive turnaround.

Don't know why I got my hopes up about either 1 of these teams, but Princeton and Greenbrier East just aren't getting it done. Princeton got off to a very promising start and have done jack squat lately and without a monumental performance from here-on out, will be listening to someone else in the playoffs-again. I thought that East had started to turn it around last year, but I think Coach Mike Michaels is now officially on the hot seat.

Not to defend Princeton, but they have battled some key injuries. They were without Allen and Powell last week against Capital and nearly pulled off that upset. In the end though, Princeton will always underachieve b/c they lack coaching...