Everyone needs to watch this and think seriously

GMan

This sounds like a non-conformist arguement...and it is widely accepted that the non-conformist movement conformed within its own beliefs. Your view is that people should be open minded. You shun narrow-minded opinions. The logic is circular...because then your opinion becomes narrow. That being besides the point, your criticism is exactly specious because it can be made about a wide range of political ideologies making up the vast majority of the genre. Your specific criticism of one viewpoint while neglecting the others discredits what you have to say. What is funnier is that the criticism was made in a response to an off-handed joke I made. Much like if you prefer Ford over Chevy and I said "Well nobody accused you of good taste". It was a joke.

I could make the exact same arguement about the democratic party. So?

Its not exactly non-conformist, I wouldn't say. I'm clearly conforming to one side. Obviously I have distaste for many conservative beliefs, there is ideally a spectrum of "liberal mindedness". Its not going to be completely one way or the other. I'm not even sure if its theologically possible to assert that and if it is, well, I'm not open minded enough to understand it. If you think what I'm saying is discredited then perhaps I'm not conveying it properly. We'll put it to rest, as with cats and dogs, we'll never understand each other. But I appreciate your criticisms, well played.

*insert ironic sarcasm here*

That tends to be the problem I have with liberal thinking.

If you're not with them, then you have cooties.

There are alternative ways of thinking, you know, whether you agree with it or not, it may not always be wrong.

"Much like if you prefer Ford over Chevy and I said "Well nobody accused you of good taste". It was a joke."

Touche.

Guest The Variable
"Much like if you prefer Ford over Chevy and I said "Well nobody accused you of good taste". It was a joke."

Touche.

Indeed. ;)