Endorsement of Marty Gearhart

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I probably should have done this a long time ago, but I didnt. I would like to endorse Marty Gearhart for the House of Representative, over his rival Nick Joe Rahall, for this 2008 election.

Where shall I begin? Well lets start with a little background information. Marty was born in North Carolina, but grew up here in Southern WV and graduated from Bluefield High and then Concord College. He has 3 daughters, one being a VT cheerleader. Marty at one time owned a small business and is a local leader in church and business. He knows what needs to be done in this community and state.

Mr. Rahall on the other hand, is of Arab descent, and graduated from Woodrow. He then left the state to go on to college. He came back, and first won a seat in the HOR in 1976. Remember that.

Now lets talk about the change we need. Mr. Rahall isnt in touch with the West Virginians. Hillary Clinton won the primary of WV, but before she blew out Obama, he gave his vote to Barack. Your vote lost its worth right there. Mr. Rahall also is part of the transportation commitee. Has anyone seen the highways in southern WV? Or drove them? He also voted against funding the troops twice. He also said in an interview a few years back to allow illegal immigrants to use our schools and our medical resources. He wants to decrease weapon technology in the US. He is out of touch.

According to his website, Gearhart wants to fix highways, now. He wants to have a strong national defense, while aggressively pursuing terrorists. He is for border security and against illegal immigration.

Gearhart has our interests in mind, encouraging coal liquification, increases in pay for teachers and education, and working towards energy independence and believes that abortion begins with conception.

Rahall disagrees with drilling for oil, in ANWR, the shelf and other places. And for those who claim the refineries control a lot of the price, in 2003 he voted to discourage new refineries.

More importantly, our Congress currently does nothing. And in the 32 years Rahall has been in office what has he accomplished? Congress has a 14% approval rating. There needs to be change. Its time we did something about this do-nothing congress. And that something is getting rid of the incumbent congess and start by voting Marty Gearhart into office. Lets take pride in southern WV politics, and vote for someone who is a genuine West Virginian and has our interests in his mind. Stand up and change the process of voting people like Jay Rockefeller, Byrd and Rahall in to office without questions. Its time for some new politics for WV.

Vote Marty Gearhart.

http://martygearheart.com/

Go out vote Nov. 4th!

Edited by BEAVERTAIL
why not?

More importantly, our Congress currently does nothing. And in the 32 years Rahall has been in office what has he accomplished? Congress has a 14% approval rating. There needs to be change. Its time we did something about this do-nothing congress. And that something is getting rid of the incumbent congess and start by voting Marty Gearhart into office. Lets take pride in southern WV politics, and vote for someone who is a genuine West Virginian and has our interests in his mind. Stand up and change the process of voting people like Jay Rockefeller, Byrd and Rahall. Its time for some new politics for WV.

If this isn't true then I don't know what is. Gearheart got my vote last week when I completed my absentee ballot.

Beavertail. I'm voting for the guy, but is their any realistic hope that he can actually win at this point?

I'm just asking because Rahall has been a juggernaut in this state for a long long time.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

OF COURSE!

Will it be this year? probably not so, but every vote counts and if Marty can get closer he may be able to rummage up some money, get some ads out, maybe even showing Rahall for the drunk driving gambling man he really is! lol.

Honestly, Marty can make it close. Whether he wins or not we have to look ahead to the future and build off this year. Every vote counts.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I havent seen any polls either, and Ive been looking.

Im sure Gearhart is glad to have your vote, and will want it again in future elections!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I hope he doesnt retire.

I want him to lose. :D

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

More importantly, our Congress currently does nothing. And in the 32 years Rahall has been in office what has he accomplished? Congress has a 14% approval rating. There needs to be change. Its time we did something about this do-nothing congress. And that something is getting rid of the incumbent congess and start by voting Marty Gearhart into office. Lets take pride in southern WV politics, and vote for someone who is a genuine West Virginian and has our interests in his mind. Stand up and change the process of voting people like Jay Rockefeller, Byrd and Rahall in to office without questions. Its time for some new politics for WV...

Go out vote Nov. 4th!

THIS! I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this!!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL
THIS! I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this!!!

I just hope there are more of us.

For all the people who only look at the presidential election, realize that the congress has as much, if not more power than the President does. This country is being corrupted by politicians looking for reelection each year and not getting anything done. Partisanship is splitting us.

Do what needs to be done. Vote out congress.