The true meaning of seperation of church....

wave316

This is for all you scholars out there schooled in law, please give your thoughtful imput of what of what our constitution says about Seperation of Church and State, Is this phrase Seperation of Church and State in the Constitution. Please , give true meanings and not what pops up in your head.:) This is for clarity concerning the role faith plays in the affairs of our nation, thanks:)

This is for all you scholars out there schooled in law, please give your thoughtful imput of what of what our constitution says about Seperation of Church and State, Is this phrase Seperation of Church and State in the Constitution. Please , give true meanings and not what pops up in your head.:) This is for clarity concerning the role faith plays in the affairs of our nation, thanks:)

Alright, since you asked for an opinion from someone schooled in law. ;)

The phrase "church and state" does not appear in the Constitution once; the word church doesn't even appear in the Constitution once. What people commonly refer to when discussing the "separation of church and state" comes directly from the First Amendment, which states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". Undoubtedly, this phrase reaches its current meaning through innumerable court decisions, and Supreme Court decisions as well.

I'm not sure exactly how far you'd like me to go. If you want me to go deeper, I'll certainly be happy to.

Alright, since you asked for an opinion from someone schooled in law. ;)

The phrase "church and state" does not appear in the Constitution once; the word church doesn't even appear in the Constitution once. What people commonly refer to when discussing the "separation of church and state" comes directly from the First Amendment, which states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". Undoubtedly, this phrase reaches its current meaning through innumerable court decisions, and Supreme Court decisions as well.

I'm not sure exactly how far you'd like me to go. If you want me to go deeper, I'll certainly be happy to.

Please go deeper in your understanding ,thanks:)