James Monroe heading back to Wheeling!

MavsRock

Well, lots of us weren't giving the current group much of a chance either, and I'd say scrapping and fighting our way to the 2nd round of the playoffs says alot about the determination of these guys and, hopefully, that will spill over into the next few years.

You said it all right there. A month ago we struggles to beat Narrows at homecoming, now they're 2 games away from a return to the title game, and if the boys continue to play like they did last week, that's not an unrealistic goal at this point. Time to take care of Weir for now.

Are many of you going to make the trip? I am going up on Friday morning, spend the day at Cabela’s and travel to Weirton on Saturday morning.

No, I'm not going to make it up there this week, I'll be relying on the radio guys I suppose. Hopefully they win, if they do and play in Morgantown next week I'm going to try and make it up there, and I'll definetly go to the one after that if they get there.

Have a good trip though, bundle up and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of the game.

I understand, as posted on another message board, that the team will be doing their pre-game on Mountaineer field - that should be neat for them. I just hope they stay focused and play as well against Weir as they did against Chapmanville - that game was awesome. It seemed from the moment they stepped onto the field that they had come to play "plowboy" football, and indeed they did! I'm hoping for a repeat performance from everyone.

Now, safe travels to all, and to our Mercer Co. neighbors, good luck! I hope southern football reigns!

Edited by here