Hokies not done yet!

VivaFutbol

I was just looking at the tie-breaker procedures for the ACC. If Miami were to lose to GA Tech and beat NCST, VT wins out, and UNC wins out then the all 4 teams would be 5-3 in the ACC. So looking at the tie-breakers, VT would represent the ACC Coastal in the ACC Championship. Heres how I figured it out!

Three+ Teams tied tiebreaker:

1. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.

VT: 2-1

UNC: 2-1

GT: 1-2

Mia: 1-2

then this would bring the tie-break to a two team tie-break between VT and UNC. Which leads to this:

1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.

VT wins 20-17 in Chapel Hill this year, VT goes to the ACC Championship. So we are the biggest GT fans right now.

I was just looking at the tie-breaker procedures for the ACC. If Miami were to lose to GA Tech and beat NCST, VT wins out, and UNC wins out then the all 4 teams would be 5-3 in the ACC. So looking at the tie-breakers, VT would represent the ACC Coastal in the ACC Championship. Heres how I figured it out!

Three+ Teams tied tiebreaker:

1. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.

VT: 2-1

UNC: 2-1

GT: 1-2

Mia: 1-2

then this would bring the tie-break to a two team tie-break between VT and UNC. Which leads to this:

1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.

VT wins 20-17 in Chapel Hill this year, VT goes to the ACC Championship. So we are the biggest GT fans right now.

It's not only Hokies that are big GT fans this week. We at UVA are as well.

Scenario:

GT beats MIA

UNC wins out.

The whole Coastal comes down to who wins VT/UVA, if both teams win this upcoming week (and it's certainly not a given in this wacky conference). If VT wins, you see the scenario above. If UVA wins, insert UVA where VT is. UVA beat UNC 16-13 in that OT classic, and bing-bang-boom, UVA wins the Coastal at 7-5.

I was going to say that but I don't think/talk about that school up in Charlottesville.

There's a school in Charlottesville??? Do they have a nice campus??? How many freshmen do they have on their football team??? :rolleyes:

No, its really not. I just couldnt believe the small crowd at last years ACC Championship game. They need to look at location, moving the time, or something. This year the Big 12 and SEC Championship games are going to mean so much, the ACC will probably struggle for viewership again.

i think they look at head to head comp. it would be much easier if miami would just go ahead and drop the next two!! i think tech will have a problem with the next two games.

That'd work fine by me: if Miami dropped the next two, what UNC would do in their final two games would be irrelevant for the UVA crew. These tiebreakers are crazy, but interesting. And in this ACC, everyone's going to have problems with every game. Tightest conference in the land, from top to bottom.

That'd work fine by me: if Miami dropped the next two, what UNC would do in their final two games would be irrelevant for the UVA crew. These tiebreakers are crazy, but interesting. And in this ACC, everyone's going to have problems with every game. Tightest conference in the land, from top to bottom.[/QUOT

Your kidding right? your last sentence...:eek:

I almost wouldn't care to see VT get whipped by Duke and then barely squeek by UVA (can't bear the thought of losing to them) so maybe, just maybe, Beamer would get rid of our offensive coaches. If we were to win the ACC and go to a BCS we'd just get humiliated again on national TV by a much better coached team.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Considering anyone could win it, and the bottom teams are not just plain horrible, the top isnt amazing... no he isnt kidding.