Will somebody please run to Cassell.......

LegendatLegion

....and Smack the VT kids and explain they can't leave the Wisconsin kids wide open for the 3! Good grief. They have played hard and not too bad, considering Allen has watched more of the game than i have. He has 4 fouls, and maybe 2 were fouls, and that is being generous. I can't believe they are in this game considering. They gave up a 3 everytime they got within 4 or so.

Aaarrrggghhhh!

Greenberg has the basketball program going in the right direction HOWEVER, and I've said it many times before, they always play to the level of their competition. I don't think the program can take it to the "next level" until they learn how to dominate the games they should easily win and learn how to win the close ones at home. Blah, blah, blah all you want about this team being young but it happened with more experienced teams over the last couple of seasons as well. I'm not sure Greenberg can take the Hokies to that "next level"...

Greenberg has the basketball program going in the right direction HOWEVER, and I've said it many times before, they always play to the level of their competition. I don't think the program can take it to the "next level" until they learn how to dominate the games they should easily win and learn how to win the close ones at home. Blah, blah, blah all you want about this team being young but it happened with more experienced teams over the last couple of seasons as well. I'm not sure Greenberg can take the Hokies to that "next level"...

VT has the talent that they should be able to take it to the next level. I want to see how they can rebound after that tough loss.

They'll be better once they get J.T. Thompson back, which I understand could be this weekend. Wisconsin is a very good and experienced basketball team. While V.T's player talent pool has improved since joining the ACC, they still have a little bit of a climb. They miss that guard that can get you four or six steals a game. Jamon Gordon was one of the best at that. They do have a couple of pretty good shooters right now and a couple of athletic big men, but they are lacking some quality depth all over. That is still hurting them. Seth is doing a great job since taking over a program that was pretty much dead for several years. He's got another great class coming in next year as well, he's passionate about the game, and he cares. He still battles hard for kids to come to V.T. over Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and others. That in itself is really hard to do.

They are lacking some fan support as well and I blame a lot of season ticket holders for that. Probably 3K empty seats in Cassell last night is inexcusable for a ranked opponent coming in there.

Hang in there Hokie Basketball fans, they will be a good team before you know it this year.

Heck, were it me, I'd be grateful VT basketball's at least somewhat relevant again. That doesn't mean that Greenburg is the coach to take VT to the next level. However, he's given you a good place to start. He's a good Xs and Os guy, he shows a lot of fire, and he can recruit fairly well. Much of "playing to the level of their competition" rests squarely on the players' shoulders.